December Pokemon League @ Pastimes in Niles- Saturday December 20th!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by soslowpoke, Dec 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Hey all, this will be our last league session before the new year. And to make it a bit more 'special' we'll be ordering pizza (bring a few dollars if interested) and we'll also be running an EX:Dragon booster draft. Price for that should range somewhere between $15-20 (maybe less) based on 6 boosters.
    Prizes will be announced the day of and will vary with the number of participants (IOW...more people = more prizes)

In addition to all this there'll still be casual league play so please bring your decks as well. If we get enough people (and manage to get the program working) we could also make this Limited event sanctioned for player points!

So in summary...

Where: Pastimes in Niles (www.pastimes.net for directions)
    When: Saturday, December 20th; 1-4PM (try and get there at 1 so when we order food it'll come by the end of the session)
    What: Nintendo Pokemon League, EX:Dragon (or if you wanna try another set) booster draft
    Bring?: Money (x$ for pizza, $15-$20 for draft), Deck, Cards to trade, Player Card/Number if you have one.
    Prizes?: Promos (Seasosn 1-4, including the new Darkness Energy), Battlezone Promos/Posters, Other items.

Any other questions? Post here. Also post if you're coming :D

2. Dek

Dek New Member

dang! December 20th? Sry dude. wont be able to make it. I got family stuff to do. But Im just curious if there will be league play when January comes around.

3. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Oooooooo I probobly will come!

4. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Sounds like fun...

Could you plz say that it starts at noon? I only ask b/c I want to try and get in 2 drafts, if at all possible, before the place closes. Thx.

5. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Yes league will continue in January!

6. bullados

d00d, that's not what I asked. I asked if it could start at noon, instead of at 1 pm b/c I wanna try and get in a 2nd draft on that day.

7. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Well, he was answering Arthas Zero's question about continuing league in January. Apparently, he just ignored you :x

Anyway, I should be up there too. Even if there isn't a draft, a couple others, including myself, should be up there at noon, we can at least get in some practice games.

Oh, and does anyone know if this league's gonna be a "ladder league"? I've heard next to nothing about this, and it's supposed to be starting up soon...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  8. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Okay as for starting at noon. You are free to arrive whenever you want. The only problem is that there are other events going on and when they all start at the same time its a bit of a problem. I will not show up until a little bit before 1

9. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Anyone else coming??

10. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

I'll be ther stompin everyone in team!

jimmy

11. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

Maybe, don't know yet. You guys should go to the SE WI tourneys coming up. Look at BrokenLizard's post!

12. I think I might go.But where is Pastimes in Nial

13. bullados

It's on the NE corner of Golf and Milwaulkee, the 2nd or 3rd to East store in that strip mall.

[EDIT]
    If anybody is interested, I will be holding another draft after soslowpoke's is finished. It will be a 5-pack draft/sealed (will decide based on popular soveriegnty) of 3 Aquapolis and 2 Sandstorm and will cost about $12-15, depending upon how much prizes the people want.
    [\EDIT]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003