deck archeotypes

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by gohanposter, Sep 20, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gohanposter

gohanposter New Member

yeah, i just wanted to know what you people thought the new deck archeotypes are and what the metagame is.

2. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

For E-on or RSon?

3. gohanposter

gohanposter New Member

well, i think they'll probably do E-on, so for E-on.

4. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

this might be harsh but why not think of your own decks? archtypes wont even really be known until theres a certain format.the fun of it all is makin ur own decks.

5. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

I think (hope) he's asking as just a general disscussion topic, not as in help building a deck.
    that said, I think the new super archtype is dunsparce/keckleon
    :)

6. gohanposter

gohanposter New Member

no, i was just wondering what you people thought were the new archeotypes with all the new cards in all. im making a blaziken deck regardless.

7. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Some of the new powerful decks I have seen include -

Gardevoir EX - Wobbuffet SS backup

Slaking with Pelipper backup

AQ Jumpluff with Pelipper backup

Dunsparse/Kecleon/EXP Alakazam (not kidding, this works!)

Raichu EX with Electabuzz and something (still working on this)

Blaziken/Camerupt

Props to Tony R. - Sandslash/electabuzz

Notice a patter here. the new powerful Pokemon are mostly from Ruby/Sapphire.

What a great way to get players to buy cards, make the new ones better than the old ones.

those are the ones I am seeing in tourneys in our area (2 leagues, good mix).

I personally like the new frustration deck I am designing (hit me you are hurt) with Arcanine/Cacnea and Sharpedo...Every time you damage this deck you are either burned, poisoned or damaged! Kind of fun!!! Too bad it doesn't work for status attacks (illumuse and volbeat!)

Meganium45

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Some of those Wotc Eon cards will stick around.
    Scizor/Furret/Sharpedo or Starmie Sky (Fire is weaker with the loss of Cargo/Entei despite Blaziken)
    Exp Gatr (Should be interesting to see how this will work with the retreat rules)
    Exeggutor Aq/Blaziken (Similar to Blaziken/Delcatty)
    Really you can't determine what will be the top archetypes until some tournaments surface. Then we will see what emerges from the darkness.

9. dkates

dkates New Member

I also think Gardevoir, especially Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex combos, will fairly quickly assume archetype status. Really, the only major obstacle such a deck has to contend with is Mewtwo ex...

10. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

meganium45 you should use RaichuEX/Buzz with Amphoros expidition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.