Deck battling

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Cooltrainer Aaron, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

I noticed that you have a card trading/buying area in Pokegym, but have you ever thought of including a battling group? It would be kind of like a chess-by-mail game where we could test out some of our new decks. I know I've got a few that need testing.

Please tell me what you think moderators.

As for the other trainers, what do you think, should we have a deck battling board?

2. Cooltrainer Aaron

speaking of my deck, look for it in the deck building section, I could use a hand with it

3. dkates

dkates New Member

Considering how slow it would be, and how many other ways there are to battle electronically (Cardtable, Apprentice, etc.) it might be difficult, and how would you prevent cheating?

4. Cooltrainer Aaron

Card table? Apprentice? What's that?

5. dkates

dkates New Member

Both are programs originally designed for other card games, but adaptable to Pokemon.

6. Tego

Tego New Member

I've played Apprentice, but never heard about "Cardtable". Got a link?

7. Cooltrainer Aaron

yeah, I could use one too, I want to check it out.

8. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Since this isn't really TCG News, I'm going to move it down to the RTC...

'mom

9. Cooltrainer Aaron

Thanks for moving it, I wasn't sure where it needed to go.

10. dkates

dkates New Member

Not sure where it is, sorry. A Web search will probably find it for you. Personally, what I like about Cardtable is that it actually has images of the cards, rather than representations with notes. I don't think the patches are as up-to-date, though.

11. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Apprentice can be found at Dragon Studios. As for the pokemon patch for Apprentice, I think most people use Pojo's patch, which can be found here.

Cardtable is located on the sourceforge servers located here.

(I can not ensure any of these links will work, nor will I ensure they are safe. Use at your own risk)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  12. dkates

dkates New Member

Thanks, onederland. I changed computers, and wanted to get back Cardtable and Apprentice myself!:lol: Well, Apprentice at least.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  13. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Hey, What do i do now? I got it, Then Extracted, then??

14. dkates

dkates New Member

Are there patches available for Cardtable for sets after Team Rocket? Also, for Apprentice, is there a patch available to add in the Skyridge set? If not, how do people handle it -- just not use Skyridge or Nintendo cards in Apprentice decks? I'd hate to have to do that.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2003
  15. dkates

dkates New Member

Another question. On Apprentice, is it possible to lay down your prizes without them being face up at all? If so, how? Or, if you handle it in another way, how do you do it?

16. You can place the cards face down by holding down the "Shift" button when you drag them over from your deck.

As for an current patch... I think pojo might have one, I'm not sure. A friend of mine DID send me one with cards up to Ruby/Sapphire, although I'm not sure where it's from. (I'll check for a "Credits" entry)

17. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Question 1: Not sure, talk to the creators of the patch and ask them about it.

Question 2: I think you can hold shift while you click on the cards. I remember something to that effect.

Sorry if I'm not much help, I havent used Apprentice or anything of that nature in over two years.

18. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

would someone PLEASE tell me how to open this game & play it?????!:(:(:):)((

19. dkates

dkates New Member

If you did it right, running the file should have installed Apprentice. From there, it should simply be a matter of clicking the right icon.

20. ZUES

ZUES New Member

what are the unknown cards?