Deck Builder, Fan Art section, and more at http://www.pokemon-tcg.com is now online!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by mysterioustrainer, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Yeah that is right, you can find the deck builder on the home page of http://www.pokemon-tcg.com. I haven't tested it yet but I do know you need a My Nintendo account in order to use it. It contains and easy to use database of the cards including the ablities of saving the entire accurate collection and entire decks that you make. However only EX: Ruby and Sapphire is the only collection listed at this time. I fill you in more as I look in to it.

Also there is a new Learn to Play Demo on the Learn to Play section. It is very comprehensive and explains everything perfectly. This is a great referal to any new players you may know.

Now here is what thinks is really cool for Card Fakers plus other artistic fans of the Pokemon-e TCG. They have replaced the Community Poll tab with an Fan Art tab. They have given rules for sending your image to their site for possible posting. It does look like you can use Blanks from www.fakecard.com and www.pokemonzeo.com to help make computer generated cards (make sure you follow these sites rules to using their blanks).

With these new updates it really give indepth look at the future of Pokemon play, I think it is more likely that the premeire tournament format is going to be EX: Ruby and Sapphire on since there has yet to be anything on the past for previous cards. Of course there is nothing on the site yet that leds to confirmation about the new tournament structure, but there is sure alot of emphasis on these two collections only.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  2. Nick15

Nick15 Member

It's a pity that the "sign up" buttons don't work... yet.

And YES!! I'm SO glad they've got a Fan Art section. And I LOVE how they worded it too: "computer generated pictures of Pokémon or anything else that has to do with the Pokémon-e Trading Card Game". ... Now I guess I have an incentive to begin working on those high-quality EX Blanks. ;)

3. Tego

Tego New Member

Yay, now I'll send them the fan art my sisters and I made for Pojo's a while ago.

4. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

You mean you haven't even started yet!? Ahh shucks!

5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Also, for whatever reason, the "Community" button is gone.

6. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

what's a my nintendo account?

7. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

It's something you sign up for at Nintendo.com. It lets you subscribe to e-mail lists (such as the Pokemon TCG one) and access special features.

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Maybe they decided that we fill that niche... 8)

9. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Or (more likely, IMO), they're done with that survey and in the process of formulating a community.

10. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

11. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Okay at the risk of being accused of hi-jacking a topic will this deck builder also use a my nintendo sign in too? (is this one of the My Nintendo exclusives?) If so have PUI and Nintendo realised what they are doing yet again to the International Community?

Also PokePop does that pretty big hint mean PUI/Nintendo are gonna take up the board or just recompense TC for it's running?

12. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Hmm, I thought that anyone could get a My Nintendo account.

[Edit]

Looks like I was wrong:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003
  13. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

Arr, stupid login button kicked me out of the browser. Maybe I'd better wait until I get home... yaaay an art gallery! Something else for me to pwn people in. :D

14. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

I thought about using this deck building system, but I already have most of my card entered into a excel program and I really don't want to enter thousands of cards in again. Do we know if the deck building will let us also play test the decks?

15. bubicus

bubicus New Member

There's a Deck Analyzer that will simulate the first shuffle and show you the first seven cards drawn from that shuffle. That's the only playtesting function that seems to be there. What kind of feature are you looking for?

16. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Just something to test out a deck a little before you play in a tournament to see what would need to be added or taken out. It is nice to know that there is a shuffle simulater with it.

17. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

If not being able to get a My Nintendo account keeps you from accessing this, then I agree it's pretty stupid. There's no contest to worry about here where international laws would come into effect.

As for my post: no, it's not a hint. Just wishful thinking.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003
  18. Nick15

Nick15 Member

White Gryphon:
    yaaay an art gallery! Something else for me to pwn people in.

That's what YOU think. ;) Mwhahaha!!!

19. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

Oh yeah? :lol: Let's see YOU do a pastel chalk painting of a Flygon! :D BOO-ya...

20. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Have they added Sandstorm to the deck builder yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.