decks seen in LCQ 2011

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by MudkipPrime, Mar 26, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

now that we know that LCQ will be single elimination i dont think rogue decks will be played as much. i think the decks that are going to be used are

LUXCHOMP
    VILEGAR
    GYARADOS
    LOSTGAR
    eXtreme donk
    speed reshiram (emboar+reshiram)
    speed zekrom
    donphan
    sabelelock

what do YOU think will be used most

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

I predict Luxchomp. Just sayin'

3. BrightRush

BrightRush New Member

Of Course Rogue is going to be played. You would have to be an idiot to think otherwise. Especially in LCQ where nobody is expecting a new rogue that beats most of the meta.

4. kwisdumb

kwisdumb New Member

I don't think it's a matter of rogue being underplayed as it is a matter of risky decks/decks that have autolosses/inconsistent/techy lists being underplayed. I don't see many Dialga lists without ToxiTank or LuxChomp lists without Mewtwo counters, etc.

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers New Member

Seriously? This question is way too early to be asked, when Regionals haven't even been passed yet.

Though, if I had to think of something in this format that will be seen a lot, it's probably going to be a Machamp variant. I'm sort of starting to question about the Arceus deck.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  6. kamz

kamz New Member

yeah probably gdos machamp vilegar/lostgar and red face paint cus anything sp has a hard time with champ and gdos is always a great play. also if machamp players are scared of lostgar/vilegar they can play mightychamp. the deck i am pondering about is steelix prime

7. ashinto

ashinto New Member

I do not think that Zekrom will be played with Donphan in the format IMO.

8. Happiny13

Happiny13 New Member

I think Sprays and psychic bind could affect it as well. Its potential probably lies when we have a rotation.

9. Kayle

Kayle Active Member

Why does this topic exist.

Firstly, if you're asking a question about a tournament that hasn't happened yet, please use the correct tense: "decks going to be seen in LCQ 2011."

Secondly, please wait to ask about the format until after you know what the format is. This is always true; we will always be aggravated with you if you ask about "What's going to be played at Worlds?!" before states, or even really just before the newest set has been released. But now, in particular, with Black and White looming - and all sorts of rumors about early rotations and rule changes - who in the world knows what the format will be like?

There's zero point to asking this right now. :|

10. Elite_4_Allen

Elite_4_Allen New Member

I just don't think the lcq is even fair anymore, you run into one bad matchup and you're dead.

11. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Rain Dance is going to come back in a BIG way, just u watch.

12. LOLZ

LOLZ Member

Perhaps we should wait to see what comes out in B&W and how that and the new rules will effect Spring Battle Roads and Nationals before making predictions about LCQ.

Before you think about that maybe you should focus on regs as that is the next event.

13. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

ok then...

GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK WLL BE IN REGS!!

ummm...

just the same decks we had since cities =P
    + a few more....

14. Nugget_

Nugget_ Member

Play better? It shows who's good and who's not as good. Tech better? Idk.

15. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

The Grinder is dead, there is only the LCQ now and it is not worth playing in (Which is exactly what they were trying to do) Why try to play in something where there is a very good chance that you could spend two hours in line registering only to play for only one hour before you are asked to leave.

That is why my family will be particpating in the video game LCQ this year. At least that has allways been single elimination.

16. waynegg

waynegg CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator

Just it won't necessarily be called "Rain Dance".

17. skovtrold

skovtrold New Member

So basically, ur saying you don't like SE, but you choose to participate in the VGC LCQ, because hey, that has always been a way you don't like.. /failed logic

18. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

Wait, what? How has that stopped Magnerock from doing well? Besides, Donphan only has a minor presence. If you're that afraid just run four Sunyshores.

19. Blitzer

Blitzer New Member

Thats what they WANT for you to think!

20. evil psyduck

evil psyduck Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

That makes no sense. The same thing can happen in video game LCQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.