Deep Sea Battles... (Unlimited, Rain Dance)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kyogre, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I like to combine the names of the main Pokemon that are in my decks. In my Mewtwo/Septile deck it was nick named Mewtile, but I can't decide on a nick name for this one. I was thinking either Wailoise or Blastlord.
    Anyway...

Pokemon (18):
    3x Blastoise (Raindance)
    2x Warturtle
    4x Squirtle
    3x Walimar
    2x Wailord (R/S)
    1x Wailord EX (SS)
    3x Tyrouge (Eletric Tech)

Trainers(25):
    4x Prof. Oak
    3x CPU Search
    3x Item Finder
    4x Gold Berry
    3x Gust of Wind
    2x Switch
    4x Rare Candy
    2x Professor Elm

Energy(17):
    17x Water

Pretty strait forward, Raindance mucho energies on the normal Wailord which does 70 for 5 {W}. And there is the Wailord EX which does 100- for 4. Basically speed/power, typical trainers, ect.

EDIT: With dkates' Fixes.

Rate/Fix? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Your only major problem is that every single one of your Pokemon is weak to Electric. Your Trainer engine's fine (although a Town Volunteers would help), your Energy is ok, and the Pokemon work together beautifully, but being all Electric Weak is a big problem. The only problem is, if you're going to fix this problem, you'll have to lose some Pokemon. I recommend one Blastoise (important as it is, I still think 4 is overkill here), 1 Wailmer, and 1 of one of your Wailord. Which one is up to you. I'll let you decide what Pokemon to use as anti-Electric. One thing I like about this deck is the high HP. See if you can keep that theme.

3. Kyogre

Good ideas. Do you have any ideas as to which Pokemon is High HP and res. to Eletric? I can't think of much besides fossile Articuno.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

High HP, Resistant to Electric? Hard one. Skyridge Dugtrio, maybe, but it's a Stage 1, so I don't recommend it for this deck. There's Discovery Wooper, which is Water but Resistant to Electric, but it's only got 50 HP. Still, don't toss it out just for that. Same story with Genesis Wooper. Brock's Rhyhorn Lv. 29 is interesting, and powerful, but risky -- its attack is (F)(C) and two tails-fails flips for 70. Its Retreat Cost is 3, though, so keep that in mind. Fossil Articuno could be a good one -- it's an old friend of Blastoise. Only problem is, R. Zappy can OHKO it. Basically, if you get the first hit with Blizzard, and your opponent doesn't heal or Retreat the flying fiend, Electroburn takes both out. If R. Zappy gets the first hit, you lose Articuno but have time for a counterattack if you've got a good setup. This is a hard one.

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

You might want to consider Tyrogue for TeCH against electric types.

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Yes, there's always Tyrogue, but keep in mind that it can't touch R.Zappy. Every suggestion I made in my above post is a Pokemon with the capability of doing damage to R. Zappy.

7. Kyogre

Hmm well my meta doesn't include R. Zappy at all, so thats a plus. :)

That means overall the best one would likely be Articuno?

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Most likely, because, with R. Zappy not a danger, you can make use of the fact that it is still a (W) Pokemon with (W) costs, has no Weakness, and has a Fighting Resistance. The only thing that had been holding me back from fully recommending it before was R. Zappy. Depending on how the ruling on Rare Candy comes out, you may need to switch those to Breeders, but I have no other suggestions for changes at the moment. Well, one. You might want to consider Energy Flow. If a Pokemon of yours is about to be KO'd, you can at least save at least some of its Energy, then Raindance it onto other Pokemon that could use it.

9. Kyogre

Wouldn't Fisherman work just as well as Energy Flow?

10. dkates

dkates New Member

Close, anyway. The difference is that Fisherman is a Supporter, pulls from the discard, and only gets 4, while Energy Flow is not a Supporter, pulls from your Pokemon, and has no limit beyond what you have attached.

11. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

maybe try rockets hitmonchan for electric protection. not the highest hp, but it could do the trick....

12. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Heres my 2 cents... in the case of R Zappy, F Articuno is a great pick, but like dkates said, it depends on who gets the first strike. But, if you are prepared, you can finish zappy off. Otherwise, Chansey would even do the trick; he wont be shot down by zappy and he is a heavy hitter... however suicidal.

13. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Chansey = doesn't work in Rain Dance well at all...

14. dkates

dkates New Member

The Captain's got a good point. Since Chansey needs (C)(C)(C)(C) for Double Edge and is a (C) type, it will actually slow down a Rain Dance deck. In Rain Dance, any non-(W) tech should probably only use one Energy if you can help it, since you can attach one Energy to it and still Rain Dance as much Energy as you want onto your (W) types. Tyrogue would be a good one, since its attack costs (C).

15. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Cleffa is also a great Rain Dance pick as well. In fact, both work well in the archetype, as I've learned first hand. Throw out a Plus with 'Rogue and you got yourself a 'Buzz killer. Very nice.

16. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

buzz killers... lol...

17. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Sorry just woundering what does rare candy do?

18. Kyogre

19. dkates

dkates New Member

It allows you to break the one-turn (but not the first-turn) evolution rule, and/or to evolve to the matching Stage 1 or 2 from a Basic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.