Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Defending champ's Texas regionals report

kirbyking

Hello everbody. Kirbyking here. Before I start this report I'll lyk a few things. I'm in the seniors division, I switched from Zekeels to CMT. I won last year with Vilegar and loved last year's format, also I hate the format. My best I've gotten this year is third at states which is decent, but this format is so limited to luck it is disappointing. Anyway on to the report. \

Round 1- ??
He was new to this game and I just swept with Mewtwo. GG.
1-0

Round 2- Mewtwo/Gardevoir/Regigigas/Reuniclus
My start was poor and so was his, but he only played 1 Mewtwo and 1 Gigas, so as soon as I knocked those out the game was pretty much over.
2-0

Round 3- Elizabeth/Reshiboar
I actually remember her name because I don't see a lot girls playing pokemon. I would have felt bad about her bad start if mine wasn't just as worse. She had to use 2 Ns. Sadly for her she N'd me into a Tornadus + energy, so I started hitting with tornadus. Her start AND draw was so bad she couldn't recover. GG.
3-0

Round 4- Kneils/CMT
Crap. I had to play Kneils. (a new friend) I go first with a par start. He starts smeargle and play switch AND a junk arm and gets Gigas out with a KO! It was ridiculous. Anyway we do some prize exchanging and in midgame I hit a supporter and energy drought for a few turns which really hurt. Anyway the prize count was this. I had 3 left and he had 2. I had the knockout on his active mewtwo with an in in store. I bench Mewtwo, DCE, Pluspower, and N. He draws two I take a knockout. He draws 1 for his turn, so he has three so it can't be too good of a hand...... I doubted how lucky he was. He plays pluspower, PONT, junk arm for a revive, Mewtwo + DCE and he takes the win. :eek::eek: I sit there half dumfounded half annoyed. His undeniable luck wins him the game. GG. (He later gets unlucky and loses his last three games to miss top cut)
3-1

Round 5- Zekeels
I can't remember this game very well. I know I barely won it by 1 prize card. GG. (This kid should have gotten a penalty. He picked up my deck and shuffled it and says "Now I know what you play" :confused: How does this not even get a warning? Either way I still win)
4-1

Round 6- Klyne(sorry for the spelling)/ Zekeels
His start is so bad I should have one, but I somehow lose by 4 prize cards. I LITTERALLY WHIFF ON EVERY SINGLE CARD THE ENTIRE GAME. My bad luck lose me this one.
4-2

Round 7- Poet/Zekeels
Great. I could play anyone and it has to be my friend Poet. My start is subpar, but I manage to KO his Mewtwo with mine with some shenanagains. He proceeds to juniper and the 7th cards is a mewtwo. This basically lost me the game because I had some more bad luck.
4-3

At least I can get top 32 and get prizes right? WRONG! I got 33rd! :nonono: I hardcore bubbled ftw. Anyway I think my bad luck brought me down this tourney. I'll have to do better at Nats.

Props
ANOTHER great tourney by the Cooks
Brandon for winning with MeesieMew
Cameron making top 4
Fudruckers

Slops
33RD
Some bad luck
Kneils losing his last 3 matches
Alex and Poet whiffing Top Cut
Like 15 5-2s Missed top cut

Somebody failed to defend. Had a great time with you bro. Definitely gotta make some plans to do stuff at Nats.
Posted with Mobile style...

Back