Defense Curl + 1 round + Rollout = ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Ham12, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Ham12

Ham12 New Member

I know that defense curl is supposed to double the damage done by Rollout and Ice Ball, but what if a round or more passes between DC and Rollout? Also, can 1 DC use fuel 2 full rollouts? Basically, what are the conditions under which Defense Curl doubles Rollout's damage?

I ask because I have a Shuckle who is rather dependent on the extra damage. ;)

Rollinrock ( F Shuckle)@Leftovers
    -Rest
    -Attract
    -Defense Curl
    -Rollout

Suggestions welcome except toxic trapper Shuckles!

This one's on Silver version, just for ref.

Thanks a million!

2. Rep13

Rep13 New Member

Shuckle really isn't the guy you want to use for this combo, due to his low attack stat. You might want to try it out with Snorlax, I am sure that will be much better.

3. Marril

Marril New Member

Shuckle is more along the lines of an "oh my oddish why the heck can't I beat this thing?" monstrosity.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2004
  4. Ham12

Ham12 New Member

That's the idea; it can usually survive to finish rollout. About the DC question, though...

5. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

I had a shuckle.Really annoying little guy, but the only shuckle really worth going through the raising process is a toxic trapper
    Shuckle@leftovers (-sp atk,+Def)
    Rest
    Toxic
    Sandstorm
    Wrap

that was my moveset and it worked pretty well.

6. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

-_-;;, because no one's answering your question, I sure will. I see where you're going with mr. 560 defense, 0h n00z!!!!!!1!11 kinda shuckle there and the fact that he will be able to succsessfully complete a rollout. You're looking at anything from an 80 to a 99% damage increase with DC. Note, this is considered a bug in certian places, and might yet yeh banned. :)

7. Ham12

Ham12 New Member

I hate to bump my own topic, but I still haven't heard whether a turn can pass between DC and Rollout and still recieve the bonus. Could someone clarify?

Thanks

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I have no clue, but you could try it yourself if you have 2 GBA's and carts, or a freind who will help... just check damage/hp after the roulout imediately after, then skip a turn or 2 and check it again...