Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Defense Curl + 1 round + Rollout = ?

Ham12

I know that defense curl is supposed to double the damage done by Rollout and Ice Ball, but what if a round or more passes between DC and Rollout? Also, can 1 DC use fuel 2 full rollouts? Basically, what are the conditions under which Defense Curl doubles Rollout's damage?

I ask because I have a Shuckle who is rather dependent on the extra damage. ;)

Rollinrock ( F Shuckle)@Leftovers
-Rest
-Attract
-Defense Curl
-Rollout

Suggestions welcome except toxic trapper Shuckles!

This one's on Silver version, just for ref.

Thanks a million!

Shuckle really isn't the guy you want to use for this combo, due to his low attack stat. You might want to try it out with Snorlax, I am sure that will be much better.

Shuckle is more along the lines of an "oh my oddish why the heck can't I beat this thing?" monstrosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the idea; it can usually survive to finish rollout. About the DC question, though...

I had a shuckle.Really annoying little guy, but the only shuckle really worth going through the raising process is a toxic trapper
Shuckle@leftovers (-sp atk,+Def)
Rest
Toxic
Sandstorm
Wrap

that was my moveset and it worked pretty well.

-_-;;, because no one's answering your question, I sure will. I see where you're going with mr. 560 defense, 0h n00z!!!!!!1!11 kinda shuckle there and the fact that he will be able to succsessfully complete a rollout. You're looking at anything from an 80 to a 99% damage increase with DC. Note, this is considered a bug in certian places, and might yet yeh banned. :)

I hate to bump my own topic, but I still haven't heard whether a turn can pass between DC and Rollout and still recieve the bonus. Could someone clarify?

Thanks

I have no clue, but you could try it yourself if you have 2 GBA's and carts, or a freind who will help... just check damage/hp after the roulout imediately after, then skip a turn or 2 and check it again...

Back