Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Des Plaines IL Battle Road Sat 5/31

PokeMama

Alright everybody! There's a NEW Battle Road in town!

So let's see some information!

Sat May 31st

Des Plaines Public Library
1501 Ellinwood St.
Des Plaines, IL 60016

(Click here for Google Map directions)
9am Registration/10am start

This is a great location, between Rockford and Chicago, and the library is right next to the Des Plaines Metra stop, making it accessible via Metra and/or all of the public transportation from downtown Chicago and Schaumburg, so that's pretty cool.

Adam V (Ice'Cold) has a great location at the Library there, where he plans to hold weekly Tournaments and League, and he thought the Spring Battle Road would be the perfect way to kick off the season there!

We are going to require being Preregistered to this event, due to time limitations for the room, so send him a PM here or email him so he can put you on the list. Also keep checking our Des Plaines Battle Road section of our website for more details as the date approaches.

He's got lots of fun stuff planned and I'll let him tell you all about it!

Last edited:
If the rumors about Pastimes being on the 1st are true, then I'll be there, either as a player or as a Judge.

Really excited about this event. The library website is www.dppl.org, we will be having all kinds of fun besides the events, including an area for parents to do work, and a beanbag corner that will be playing Pokemon movies (and possibly have Wii games). Also working on laminating the playmats for the Pokemon TFG so we can have those out as well. If you don't plan on playing in the main event we will have our second session of Pokemon league starting this day as well. I say second because I will be running our first session of league the Thursday night prior to the event, to give players a chance to earn some packs and get help with their decks for the event on saturday, since it looks like I'll be very busy that morning.

Like Camille said, preregistration is required, you can email (or call) me with your DOB and POP #, or just send me a PM here. We have a huge room but limited time constraints on the tournament because the Library closes at 5pm, so the event must be finished by then.

Other than that we will have a lunch break about halway through swiss, and there plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Directly next to the library is a Quiznos and across the street is Froots, Pinera Bread, Potbelly, Cold Stone, McDonalds and many more.

The library itself is attached to a large parking structure, and we're going to ask that everyone who drives park on one of the upper floors. Like Camille said we're also right next to the Des Plaines Metra station, which is a stop for many different public transportation routes (I commute to here from the Red Line often). If you plan on using public transportation and need help figuring out what route to take feel free to ask me.

Other than that I think thats about it.

Curious to know if any of you are planning on attending... I think this will be a good location and event! Be sure to let Ice'Cold know so he can put you on 'the list' :)

Hey....I was wondering what happened to Adam!! You have your own league cool!! Too far for us though..

Maybe we'll see ya at Nats!!

Cheryl

Lots of preregistered players on the roster, if you've emailed or PM'd me and recieved a reply you are good to go.

This is going to be a wonderful fun time for all, and I especially recommend hitting this BR if you're concerned about not being able to get in to Rockford's, due to our size limitations. I know you'll have a great time here at this one! Be sure to let Adam know if you're coming!

It begins at 9am. I believe that's the time the Library opens.

Don't forget, if you want you can print out the Decklist form ahead of time, otherwise there will be copies there.

Just got back from my Chicago weekend, and here's what I can say about this.

20 people, breakdown 13/4/3 in the official tournament, and at least 6 kids showing up with random cards wanting to play.

Bunch of top calibur players, including (but certainly not limited to) Ness, Chuck, Alvis, Jimmy, Brandon, Mr. Lucas, and many others. For 20 people, that's pretty tough competition!

Quote Of The Day:

Chuck [after being stalled by Ness]: I wanna Judge a Battle Road. I’ll DQ, like EVERYBODY if they so much as THINK of stalling.
BANGINBOX: You wanna Judge my Battle Road?
Chuck: Yes
BANGINBOX: You’re my Judge.
Chuck [to Ness]: You’re screwed!

Just got back from my Chicago weekend, and here's what I can say about this.

20 people, breakdown 13/4/3 in the official tournament, and at least 6 kids showing up with random cards wanting to play.

Bunch of top calibur players, including (but certainly not limited to) Ness, Chuck, Alvis, Jimmy, Brandon, Mr. Lucas, and many others. For 20 people, that's pretty tough competition!

Quote Of The Day:

Chuck [after being stalled by Ness]: I wanna Judge a Battle Road. I?ll DQ, like EVERYBODY if they so much as THINK of stalling.
BANGINBOX: You wanna Judge my Battle Road?
Chuck: Yes
BANGINBOX: You?re my Judge.
Chuck [to Ness]: You?re screwed!

you forgot to mention how Ness won both BR. Only losing 1 game in the process.

Back