Devastating Donphan [E-on]

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TrueGamerX, Sep 7, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

As from the last thread I posted, here is my first attempt of making a deck out of the Ruby and Sapphire Donphan. Now I want to see if a PokeNav/Oracle or Birch/Oracle combo would work to get the cards that I need in order for Donphan to come out the quickest. Furret is there for the same reason it was in Scizor/Furret/Muk decks.

So tweaks are appreciated, and dkates I need ur help too! :D

Pokemon: (15)
    4 Phanpy (R/S)
    3 Donphan (R/S)
    3 Magmar EX
    3 Sentret
    2 Furret (AQ)

Trainers: (28)
    4 Oracle
    4 PokeNav or Professor Birch or Both (I don't know)
    3 Professor Elm
    4 Potion
    4 Energy Removal 2
    3 Energy Search
    3 Pokemon Fanclub
    3 Warp Point

Energy: (17)
    4 Boost Energy
    7 Fighting
    6 Fire

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, can't turn down a command performance!:lol: First, I don't like PokeNav and Birch. You want to combo with Oracle. hmm... aha! Juggler. You have enough Basic Energy that you can probably afford to discard one or two on occasion, so use those spaces for 3 Jugglers and a Town Volunteers. I have to say, I like the Pokemon structure -- big hitter Donphan, Magmar EX covering your Grass Weakness, and Furret against Energy shortages and deckouts. Well, that's all I have for now.

3. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I see what you mean dkates. What I'm trying to do is do Oracle and then do Pokenav to get the Boost Energy or Donphan that I would need. I don't if this is good or not but heres kind of a layout...

First Turn: Lay out Phanpy, attach a Fighting Energy. Do Oracle to put Donphan and Boost Energy on top of your deck.

Second Turn: When you draw your card you'll get Donphan to then evolve Phanpy. Then if you get Pokenav do that to get the Boost Energy to attach to Donphan and then do your damage.

I know this might not work, but its worth a shot. Juggler would do good but I dont want to waste energy, and probably I might not get enough.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Considering your Energy-to-cost ratio, I wouldn't worry. Besides, you have Furret.

5. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

So could I just keep in some pokenav or juggler like 2 or 3 for a little backup? Hey I forgot about Power Charge, it would work also.

This could work....
    -1 Oracle
    +1 Elm
    -1 Pokenav
    -1 Fan Club
    +2 Power Charge

6. dkates

dkates New Member

It's your deck. Any time I give tips, I relate to my style. Yours may be different. Like they say, "Differences of opinion are why we have horse races." Or, in this case, I guess Rapidash races...

7. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Well, I thank you dkates. And I must compliment that your style is electrifying, but I barely got all the cards for this deck. :(

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  8. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

I play something like that except I use sharpedo ;)

9. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

*UPDATED*

Heres the list for the new format. Oak's Research is great to go with Copycat, but hopefully 11 Supporters is not a lot.

Pokemon: (17)

4 Phanpy (R/S)
    3 Donphan (R/S)
    3 Sentret
    3 Furret (AQ)
    3 Magmar EX
    1 Nosepass

Trainers: (24)

4 Potion
    4 Copycat
    3 Oak's Research
    3 Energy Removal 2