Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Did G&G survive in today's Battle Roads?

GG won in Orlando today. Beat my empoleon in the finals after I went 5-0 in swiss including beating the GG. I think the match has evened out some but still feel that a good GG build is hard to deal with. If you tech too much for the GG (like using WP or another purple guy) then you lose the consistency needed for rogue decks. Think some more decks will make showings though as people get the cards they need to complete the builds.

One person used GG/PLOX at the Portland, Oregon BR today. Everything else was Magmortar or Skittles.

I used Beedrill. Damn it.

GG won in Orlando today. Beat my empoleon in the finals after I went 5-0 in swiss including beating the GG. I think the match has evened out some but still feel that a good GG build is hard to deal with. If you tech too much for the GG (like using WP or another purple guy) then you lose the consistency needed for rogue decks. Think some more decks will make showings though as people get the cards they need to complete the builds.

What age division??

won in masters in NY and came in 2nd in seniors. however, ive noticed that almost no one there was playing it. everyone was playing fossils or eevees

Not one trace of G&G in the Seniors or Juniors at our Battle Road. In the Masters there were a few G&G decks, but none of them T4ed. The final was Banette & Flygon/Lucario

won in masters in NY and came in 2nd in seniors. however, ive noticed that almost no one there was playing it. everyone was playing fossils or eevees

Excuse me, but Garchomp won Masters in NY, not G&G.

There were G&G players in general.

kirstin's kids with plox:

masters: second (son), should've of gotten first, won first match, took 50 mins, lost second match, got donk, took 3 mins, lost third match by prize cards, time expired

seniors: first (son)

juniors: first (daughter)

dad at bottom of the list........happy to take 2 victory medal home

At the first VA Battle Road G&G won the senior division.

It won Masters in Columbus, OH - Austin Reed. And it was 4-0 in Juniors but then lost in top cut due to horrible starts.

Base on what I have read and have heard, GG/Plox has lost some of it's steam. A lot of new decks are able to play Crystal Beach which completely cripples GG/Plox. I feel you may see that both Magmortar (Too Much Water) and GG/Plox (Too Much Beach) become played less. I expect Magmortar to not be played, and I expect GG/Plox to see a lot less play. This format is Intersting in the fact that there seems to be so many decks because of this new set that decks that did rein supreme arent as far ahead as before IMO.

Drew

G&G is really losing steam but its still going just not as strong
Magmortar is still here but is hardly seen

Decks that are up and coming:

Garchomp
Eeveeluions
Empoleon (MD)
Infernape (MD) - Really underestimated
Kabutops

I think Gardevoir and Gallade will do just as well in the current metagame as ever. Because it is the first week of tournaments with a new set out, there is a lot of excitement about new cards. There will be more decks to compeat with, but G&G will still dominate. It can beat crystal beach and cessation crystal and anything the new set has to offer. There will be more decks in the metagame, so more decks will win, but I don't think G&G is loosing any steam.

Back