Different Levels and Gardevoir Level X

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by NinetalesEX, Feb 27, 2008.

1. NinetalesEX

NinetalesEX New Member

This was asked to me. There are various Pokemon that has various levels. Is it possible to level up a card example: an active Floatzel lv 29 (DP) to level it up to Floatzel lv 32 (GE), if yes is it also possible to level up in the bench since it is not a lvl x?

I am quite sure you cannot. Different levels only exist to have a variety of cards and to what they can do. Just to have a confirmation and satisfaction of my player for in other card games you can level an existing card if you have a card of much higher experience or levels. (such in the case of L5R)

Gardevoir Level X attack brings down says to destroy the Pokemon with the lowest HP excluding Gardevoir. Is this self referential or to all Gardevoir and Gardevoir Level X in play. I'm am sure it is self referential but just to be sure so I am posting this question.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Only Level Up cards (Level X) have the mechanic to level up from one level of a Pokemon to another.
    Every other one of the Levels are either Basic (play directly to the Bench) or Evolution cards (place on the lower stage).
    You can't do what the card doesn't say you can do.

Bring Down is self referencing, only.