Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Digimon Data Squad

Professor_Chris

Anyone seen this yet? Anyone who saw the original?

The writing is pretty terrible. Voices too. No matter how much I praised Digimon Savers, please do not think I'm crazy if you watch this. >_> It's a shame they did such a bad job considering it was pretty much the best Digimon series ever.

So many illogical renamings as well. I won't even touch the names which are also rediculous, but how does "Digisoul" become "DNA"? SERIOUSLY.

Last edited:
Savers was awesome. I doubt this could be worse than the 5th series. Could you PM me with the info? Thx!

I totally forgot that the show started already. I have not seen the Japanese versions of any of the Digimon shows. So I can't comment on that aspect. What is wrong with the VAs? I thought Crispin Freeman was in this, surely he did a good job.

Actually, overall, the voices aren't terrible for most of the characters. Some of the acting (more like reading stiffly sometimes) is meh. However, they failed Masaru's voice completely; therefore, the entire series gets an F in VA.

Masaru. . . AHEM, Marcus, sounds like some whiney little teenager instead of someone who actually sounds somewhat tough. Agumon is probably passable I suppose, I think most of the problems is with the script and most of the dialog sounding forced and unnatural.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they changed the music. F in music. Especially the opening, it gets a --F.

Well, I haven't watched any Digimon since what, Season 4? So yeah, most of these concepts are a bit out there for me, lol.

Ahhh, the dubbed Savers. OK. I'll Youtube the thing. Not really worth DLing this time...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

OK, that is quite pathetic. Agumon's voice is pathetic. Masaru's is about 3 years too young, but has some pretty decent bite to it. Yoshino and Lalamon are pretty decent. Yoshi might be a little bit, idk, off, but it isn't exactly wrong. Maybe a little bit young, like Masaru, maybe around a 15 year old when she's supposed to be 18. Satsuma matches the character well, but he's not quite right. Kudamon is just wrong, for whatever reason. The fisherman is pretty good. Geogreymon is on target, for the most part.

"Digimon Data Squad"? DATS. Please, use DATS soon! Good.

YAY! They kept the translation of Yoshi's phrase! It doesn't have the same bite as the Japanese version, but at least it's there...

Somebody please give Kudamon a lesson in English...

NO!!! No Digisoul?!? I'm angry!!!

Last edited:
This was just... it's like they have a reversal effect on the seasons, where the best seasons in Japanese become the worst in English. Excwept for Frontier, That sucked period.

And I suppose I should be more clear on that, what I mean is, the better the season is in Japanese, the worse they dub it because they try harder to match that quality, overdo it, and become twice as bad, even though all they have to do to make it properly is to keep the script as is, and just translate it to english.

As for Agumon, I'm glad that they at least got a good translation of Aniki with Boss, but EMPLOYEE!? Seriously, "employee" doesn't even sound tough. Underling would be a thousand times better. Henchman, all the better, make Masaru a gangster. Disciple would have been best, since it makes Agumon sound like less like someone being paid to do a job and more like an apprentice or disciple, but employee? That's just ridiculous.

Yeah, Boss was a good translation. It loses a little bit of meaning, but it's definately acceptable. Employee? Not so much at all. =( Follower would have worked. I could have been happy with that. I fear for BanchouLeomon. D:

I watched the Japanese version. It was pretty good. To me, it used elements from all the prior Digimon animes in it. I don't like the changing of names however. The short movie wasn't too bad either. Now I just need to play the game and see how that goes.

Back