Do berries multiply if you don't pick them right away?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by RainbowRichards, Nov 14, 2003.

1. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

I've found that the number of berries varies depending (it seems) in how often you water them, but sometimes the quantities have me perplexed...

I'll get anywhere from 3 - 5 berries when I plant at the Berry Masters garden, and was wondering if it has anything to do with how long the berries have been hanging on the tree when you pick them.

In other words, does it make a difference whether you pick them right after they go from blossoms to berries, or whether you wait a while?

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

you know I have no clue. I have had rows of the same kind of berries, which I had watered the same # times, but for some reason gotten different end results, some trees had one less berry than other ones.

The # of berries does depend on the kind that you plant. Each berry has a max potential, somewhere between 2 and 6 if I remember correctly. The rarer berries tend to be only 2 max at a time, and the common ones are normally up to 4 or 6 per bush

3. RainbowRichards

Yeah, I know that different berries have different maximums - but like you said, I too have had times where all the different berry types that I planted at the same time at the Berry Master's garden (and watered the same # of times) all bore 3 berries, and other times where they all bore 5 berries (without exception). Strange.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Thats ok, I planted one of the Enigma Berries, and while playing for 5 or 6 hours straight watered it several times. Right before I saved and quit, I checked the berry and it went from the indention in the ground to a sprout. After I came back later that evening, I went to water it first thing, and it had regressed back to an indention in the ground again. It sprouted again after about 30 minutes, but it was so weird........

5. RainbowRichards

Well, as for the enigma berries, I've only worked with the Chilan so far, and that's a fast grower. It will go from planting to bearing fruit in about 12 hours total. If not watered at just about every stage (planting, sprout, taller plant, blossoming), it may bear only one fruit. Can't just "plant it and forget it"!! With careful care and feeding, I was able to go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 - ultimately to 32 berries. I haven't yet converted them (via eReader) to any other type.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

see I goofed, and forgot about it.... Hopefully I will be able to just rescan an enigma berry back into the game. BTW, I chose the Chilan berry too, totally random, it was the first one ecard I grabbed, freaky huh?

7. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

NO!!! It's how many times you water it!

8. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I believe it IS how many times you water it, not just random.

Remember, that in the game, occasionally, there is rain, which also waters the plants (unless Groudon is on the loose).
    So on one occasion (like in RainbowRichards' example) where you water it X amount of times, you may get a certain number of berries per plant, but the next time, you may get more if it has been raining.

Spectreon, in your example, is it possible that the berry had sprouted, ripened, then fallen off and gone back to being an indentation?

Btw, this is just getting beyond freaky - I went for the Chilan berry as well...

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

How quick do they grow?? I mean, I left it as a sprout, and later the same day, only a few hours after i had seen it as a sprout, I went to water it, and it was an indention. It couldnt have had time to sprout and fall off. If it had been a longer time inbetween maybe, but from the time I planted it, to the time I came back was about 8-9 hours at most....

10. Dadizar

Dadizar New Member

Berries take from 4 to 96 hours to reach maturity, depending upon the species. The yield increases with watering with the Wailmer pale. After extensive research I determined that the total number of times a berry is watered does not increase the yield. It is the number of hours during which the berry is watered. Watering a berry 50 times when it is planted is the same as watering it once. Watering a berry once an hour from when it is planted until it yield fruit produces the greatest number of berries.

11. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Thats not true Dadizar. If you only water a Lum Berry once it will only sprout 1 Berry. If you water it ten times you will get 2 Berries.

12. Lunamew

Lunamew New Member

I tend to water most of my berries twice every stage (for the slow-growing ones like lum, tamato, ect). and they tend to yeild more.

13. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

I wouldnt think so