Do u get only one of charmander, charmelon, or charizard in Dragon set one per box?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by cool-dude32, Nov 16, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cool-dude32

cool-dude32 New Member

As u all know the secret rares of the Ex Dragons set are Charmander 98/97, Charmeleon 99/97, and Charizard 100/97. My question is if are that if there is atleast one of these secret cards guarnanteed per box. If so is it one per box. :confused:

2. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I opened 2 boxes and got all 3 I don't know how the rarity really works out but that how it worked for me
    BLiZ

3. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

The T.O. for the prerelease I went to opened 4 boxes the day before so the judges could see the cards for reference and only got 2 of them .

4. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I opened a couple boxes. In one box I got Charmander and Charmeleon. In the other box I got all three.

5. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

there is nothing "extra rare" about these cards. They are just as rare as all of the other holos in the set.

6. cool-dude32

cool-dude32 New Member

I think your right, but i wasnt sure in the first place when i got my box. Now I think that the charmander, charmelon, and charizard is as rare as the other holo. :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  7. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

The whole distribution is strange. Out of 4 boxes I got all three plus 2 "extra" charmanders,
    We got the whole set out of these but we only got 1 Absol, Minum and 1 Plusle. We got lots of Golem, Roselia and Torkoal. As usual there seem to be "favored" Pokemon within the rarity scheme. There was only one other Absol at our tournament in one of the kids prize boxes.

8. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

At the tournament I went to, we opened 4 boxes and only drew 3 of them, one being charmander, one being charmeleon, and one being charizard. I still say they are rarer than EX's and Holo's.

9. DarkTyranitar

DarkTyranitar New Member

I agree!

I guess I'm lucky here! I participated in the NY Dragon Pre-release that was held yesterday, and out of the booster I obtained one charmander!

(I was wondering about the charmeleon and charizard?)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  10. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

I'm not sure about "favored" pokemon. I got 18 packs and got a holo and rh Crawdaunt(both holo version)and holo and rh Minum

11. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Out of 7 boxes that I opened I got 5 of them.

12. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

so, do these take out the normal rares? or will they take one of your 12 holos in your box?

13. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

It is one of the 12 holos in the box

14. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

I just opened my box from Pokemon Rocks America, and these are the things I noticed offhand:

--1 Charizard
    --1 Charmeleon (...NO Charmander)
    --6 EX in the box; they seem to take the place of a common
    --19 trainers (either regular OR HR) in the entire box o_O (I had not a single trainer a the prerelease yesterday)...and 4 of those 19 were Balloon Berry :(

'mom

15. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

=/, aight thanks ... mmm trade bait ;x

16. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I opened 18 packs and got 10 Geodude. I think that they are way more common than common.

17. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I hope they are as rare as HOLO's. I PRAY they are. Because I want to own 4 of each LOL.

18. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

HOLD UP CHARMANDERS A HOLO I MUST HAVE!!!!! i currently own 246 pages front and back of charmanders i collect em

19. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Does it really matter what the rarity of the cards are? What ever happened to the ancient art of Trading Cards? Collecting and trading is half the fun.

20. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

It's no fun if you can't get half the holos and end up with 60 Geodudes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.