Do you have a Flag???

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Bigpoppabeatdown, Dec 18, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

ok, i have just gotten done watching Eddie izzard again, and well, enough said

basically it is my version of kingdra (note to all, i haven't even looked at other kingdra decks, just didn't see the point in copying decks, i like my own)

well here it is

4 horsea (retaliate)
    4 seadra (water arrow)
    3 kingdra EX
    1 Kingdra (AQ)
    2 zigzagoon SS
    2 linoone RS
    2 wobbuffet
    1 dunsparce
    1 azurill
    1 skarmory DR (grass isn't my friend)
    -21-

8 water
    4 multi
    3 boost
    -15-

4 copycat
    2 birch
    2 research
    4 nurse
    3 warp point
    2 switch
    2 balloon berry
    2 strength charm
    1 crystal shard (oops, you're weak to colorless, take 180)
    1 hps
    1 TV
    -24-

well so far this deck is 5-0 (including 2-0 to Ditto, even though the first one was rather chank)

i have skarmory instead of some fighting type because the only 2 lightning decks are raichu EX and Amphy EX........ and well i have 2 wobbuffets..... nuff said

well most of these cards explain themselves, so tell me what you think

2. Bigpoppabeatdown

not one response? what is this?

3. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Helloo Scott,

Anyway change Ballon Berry to something like another Switch or Warp Point. I like the deck, you may want to try some oracles also.

~Colin

4. Bigpoppabeatdown

colin........ hmmm, i can see arguements from both ways............ i like the berries because i can attach it to them and use it at my leisure.......... on the other hand, switches enable me to switch out and end annoying effects..... i might give em a try..........

i don't know, i might add another switch and then maybe another draw card

venusaur......... hmmmmm, well i don't have that much nrg to toy with, so i'd have to change it up

but i wouldn't want a turn 4 attack, i like skarmory because i play low nrg anyways so i can maximize its attack, and i can do it on turn 2.............. on the other hand, most lightning types are now resistant to steel, for some odd reason

hmmmmmmmm, interesting ideas................. any others?

5. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Adding your own ditto might also work wonders. Added one in my amphy -ex deck today, went 5-0 in the tournament, with 2 wins courtesy ditto and some timely energy transferring.

Also, I'd have to agree, Eddie Izzard is, by far, the most brilliant executive/action transvestite I've ever seen.

6. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Its good to start off with, because you can use ur opponents attacks from their pokemon like Wynaut, Dunsparce, Azuril etc.

7. Bigpoppabeatdown

dendro..... lmao.............. weirdo transvestite....... executive transvestite.....!!!!!!!!! LOL

ok i see the point, but which ditto are we talking about??? i can't remember which set it's from

is it SkyRidge???

and who should i take out for it

8. frogacuda

frogacuda New Member

amphy-ex? I thought you were doing speed w/Don Ho these days.
    Remember, its not so much the winning, its the way you annoy your opponent that counts in the end.

9. Bigpoppabeatdown

yeah that's all good, but which ditto???

10. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Skyridge ditto works well in energy transfer decks, no matter what pokemon you're facing. As mentioned before, it can copy dunsparce, wynaut, azurill, and all of the other game-starting pokemon. However, when you have the power to suddenly attach 4 energy to it the turn you lay it down, it becomes an element of surprise: blaziken/exeggcutor doesn't expect something to pop out, flip for seven energy, and win the game. Likewise, it is effective against gardevoir -ex, who might not expect a similar burst of damage for all the energy on the board in a kingdra deck. I'd take out the skarmory. I'd also take out the wobbuffett to add something unfriendly to grass, as per Jermy's suggestion. In this deck, there's a decent likelihood of starting with a basic you'd rather not start with, like a wobbuffett or skarmory. This might be my own personal preference, but I can't stand to sit and wait for three turns when I could be using dunsparce, wynaut, or, at the very least, putting a little damage on the board. Also, by dropping the wob and skarmory, you can alter your energy a bit to include more water (something more easily retrieved from the discard in times of trouble).

Frogacuda: I tend to switch decks as soon as I see people copying mine, since, for some reason, I feel the need to be original. Right now, I'm running a dustox/espeon and the aforementioned Ampharos -ex with linoone. I assume you're familiar with all of their attacks and nuances. What are you running these days? Uniximon? Momdoesn'tdoChristmasimon? Darncontractorsimon? Let me know. I'll see if I can come up with a fix.

Cheers,

11. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

In addition to what others said, I would add another crystal shard. Not only crystal shard is good against dragons, it is also good against pokemon with water resistance. Convert kingdra ex type to colorless and sceptile will be easier to be koed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2003
  12. Bigpoppabeatdown

hmmmm............ dendro, what about an aforementioned deck such as raichu ex or amphy ex?????

i hate to say it, but wobbuffet is my defense vs them........ and what would u suggest to counter grass???

i like the idea of another crystal shard too

13. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

raichu -ex: OHKO from skyridge ditto.....

Amphy -ex: A problem for any other deck out there right now, but especially for yours. I run amphy -ex, so I can tell you from experience that my eyes get just as wide seeing a wobbuffett on the board as they do seeing a kingdra -ex. Here's why: I know that, eventually, the burden of getting the thing out of the active slot will be yours. You could start to build it up to attack, but if you do that, my "other" ampharos (EXP) is going to take it down, and get a few energy besides, to compensate me for the discard of my own (unless I just decided to beat on it for two turns: kingdra -ex can't knock out that amphy in one hit, so I'll take the big hit for 90 after ko'ing the wobbuffett, return it for 160 and the ko next turn, take my two prizes, and nurse on the following turn). Thus, you can stall with it, but it isn't going to be a real counteroffensive threat, particularly since even little things like dunsparce can whittle away at wobbuffett pretty effectively. In essence, you need something that can blast an ampharos off the board in one hit, or, failing that, can nullify the effects of its attack. Making your situation even more unfortunate is that all the fighting pokemon that are resistant to electricity happen to be weak to grass, creating a "darned if you do, darned if you don't" type situation. For example, I'd suggest skyridge rhydon with the multi energy, since it resists amphy -ex, and could do either 60, flip for 100, or 200 tailsfails. However, sceptile would eat your collective souls as a light snack. Sudowoodo (AQ) with a multi and two water can do 80+para, or 140 on the flip, but it's 60 hp and 2 retreat cost make it a tough decision. I'd still use it, though, because it does a first-turn 20+possible paralysis to dunsparce, and has a similar effect to ditto, though less versatile given the absence of the nifty poke-body. Since you're running boost, you might want to consider a machop-machoke line, since there's a machoke out there that has 80 hp and can do focus energy/attack for 80 (160 and the ko vs. amphy -ex). That way, you could focus energy, take the hit from amphy -ex, and then ko it. It also isn't weak to grass. However, if they paralyzed you, your focus energy would be useless (Lum Berry? Double full heal? Seems like quite a bit of deck space to pull off a situational combo). Hariyama isn't a bad choice either, since makuhita does 60 to fighting weak pokes, and the holo hariyama can OHKO amphy -ex. Unfortunately, to use it, you have to attach that multi energy, bringing your hp down to 80 if amphy -ex is on the board. Then you're fodder for the expedition amphy. Also, in running Hariyama, you make gardevoir players, or espeon players, or mewtwo -ex players, or wobbuffett players salivate, and the likelihood that you'll run into someone playing at least one of those in a tournament is quite high. In short, Amphy -ex is a deck you're going to have problems with, no matter what you add. Sure, skyridge machamp would tear it apart, since it can't be paralyzed. But then you're not running kingdra, so what would be the point? Perhaps your best option might be to focus on speed, and try to outquick the amphy -ex...not an easy thing to do, but possible with kingdra swarm. Take out the unspeedy trainers, add more speedy ones (oracle/pokenav/fastball, etc.). The bottom line is that, of the major decks out there, you're weak to three of the four big ones (blaziken/eggs needs but two heads to knock out any of your pokemon, save the skarmory, which a blaziken takes out without a flip....we've discussed amphy -ex, sceptile tech is just loads of problems....you match up well against gardevoir with your genetic memory low energy req's, but that's about it), and there isn't much out there available to even the playing field without making you significantly weaker in other areas (even Hariyama would require a significant card resource pool be allocated to it, slowing the deck down). Anyway, those are a few options, along with others, like meditite, that have been discussed in other board posts prior to this one. Good luck.

14. Bigpoppabeatdown

why is meditite such a tech card??? to do much, you must already have damage on the defending poke........ and with some decks out there.......... that is a very difficult thing to do

i see your point on some things, but others i disagree with............

wobbuffet can OHKO things like dunsparce/ditto/other wobbuffets............. and amphy EX can't touch it....... any EX for that matter

i will tech in the ditto (i'll post my new decklist shortly)..............

in my environment........... amphy EX isn't played except by some really young players....... so i could have a chance
    blaze/eggs is only used by a couple and i think that i could compete against it (having survived a victreebell/shedinja deck (swanton's))........... and i only know of one sceptile swarm deck (Psyduck's) and that includes many EX basics which i can OHKO...................

so i think the only decks that i really have to worry about are rogue grass/electric decks

any other comments?

15. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Meditite is not bad. You just need 50 damage on your opponent's ampharos ex and then meditite can OHKO it. Keep meditite in your hand so that your opponent doesn't know you have one, then water cyclone a water energy to meditite, attach a multi and ko amphy.

16. Bigpoppabeatdown

hmmmm, well doin that much would be rather difficult to pull off....... but i don't know

WELL FIRST OFF............ MERRY X-MAS

next......... mega murkrow showed me the one deck that if played right, could really be dangerous......

none other than scizor furret..................

i have realized that my only hope is to get heads on some big retaliates.... (had i flipped heads against him, i would've won).............

but that's a thought that is rather provoking..........

is there any good basics to defend against steel???

and soon i will post a new decklist

17. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Yah Venusaur is right. You could also try playing one of the arcy lines. They are soild and youd have to go with something like 2-2. I dont know but its a thought

~ Levi

18. Bigpoppabeatdown

which moltres???

i think the only one is AQ correct???

or am i mistaken?

hmmm, well i guess that's a decent idea........ i will playtest some more with some ideas, then i will report back on it

19. Bigpoppabeatdown

ok, my bad, i'm just a clownshoe...... i have both sets completed, and didn't bother to look through them before i asked..........

by the way...... i promised a new decklist, but it will need to wait another day or so, since it's my dad's b-day, and i plan on spending the entire day harassing him about being old............

such a nice son...... don't you think????

any other suggestions?

20. Bigpoppabeatdown

well i promised a decklisting, so here it is

Do you have a flag??? version something or rather

4 horsea (retaliate)
    4 seadra (arrow)
    3 kingdra EX
    1 kingdra AQ
    2 zigzagoon
    2 linoone R/S
    1 wobbuffet
    1 dunsparce
    1 ditto/moltres
    1 skarmory/moltres
    1 azurill
    -21-

8 water
    4 rainbow
    3 boost
    -15-

3 copycat
    2 research
    2 reporter
    2 birch
    4 nurse
    3 warp point
    3 switch
    2 strength charm
    1 crystal shard
    1 HPS
    1 TV
    -24-

ok who should go for 1 moltres? ditto or skarmory???

any comments or suggestions for the new version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.