do you like unlimited tournaments! ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bkminnis, Oct 29, 2003.

1. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

:pokeball: There are to be a series of six unlimited and unlimited team battle tournaments in the state of florida, culminating into a florida state championship next year. :fire: The first in fort lauderdale also includes a gym challenge and costume contest. :psychic: The second in Hollywood will include a red,blue,yellow unlimited gameboy tournament. :grass: The third in orlando is still under design. We need 3 more locations around the state to spread them out a bit. Is there anyone interested in hosting one? You may contact me here, pokemonflorida.com ,or attend fort lauderdale to submit your idea! Also, if some of you have other ideas for side events,, just let me know. :colorless Other states interested in holding a similar series should please contact us to display a common thread. That way, the top players in these states can come together for a competition. :) We are attempting this first tournament not to ban any of the "broken cards ",to see if the new cards have fixed them some,, but if not,,, the banned cards will be listed for the other events .thanks for your help...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bk minnis

2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Unlimited Team Battle? Holy chaos batman. Many of the unlimited cards do not have rulings for team play (Ditto), such as when does Ditto have to declare what it is metronoming??

I would be happy to support a similar series in Missouri, but not with team. I know you have the greatest judges down there, but, what a nightmare.

M45

3. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Team battle will be complicated but fun luckily we have some good judges down here in florida ..... ME!!! lol

4. farbsman

farbsman New Member

There is a simple solution to Ditto, I went around and traded all my league members for there Dittos, then I burned them :)

5. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

A nightmare indeed!

I did not know what I had started! Only after Doug Zuver and I got to discussing the judging problems a few weeks ago did we realize that unlimited team had never been done before! Doug scrambled day and night to scan through the cards and hasn't finished quite yet. My contribution was to critigue a little and all has been sent to pokemon usa for review! What a job! Doug is the finest of judges, and we might have a few things wrong,, but We think we have a good standing. Pokemon usa will be watching our event from a distance and helping us some in the future to figure it out. What a fine group. Not to mention the help of Mrs. Renee Martinez from Orlando,, This first ever unlimited team battle promises to be exciting! Hope as many as can will come to see history. If you would like to find out some of the rulings and confines of this format, please ask Professor Doug Zuver!

6. Hazblade

Hazblade New Member

I have to agree with Chris, we do have a number of excelent judges down here, no you are not one of em Zach

7. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

To quote the infamous Freddy K 'Break me Mon'

We will follow your lead in Florida, and do a state championship in Missouri.

Please let me know your timetable. To let you know, The first 2 sites in Missouri will be in St. charles, Missouri, and in St. Louis, Missouri. I am sure St. Joseph will follow suit, along with Sedalia and Kansas City...I am not sure about Springfield and Columbia, but, heh, whereever the Poke Takes us.

To let you know, the St. Louis tourney will be the :grass: Tourney in Missouri, and the St. Charles Tourney will be the :fighting: tourney in Missouri. Have Zuver or one of the other judges contact me on PM and we will begin scheduling our events in the same timeframe. Sounds like a great bandwagon to jump on!

M45

8. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Yes, we will do the insane clown unlimited team too!

9. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Cool stuff!

Just got an e-mail fom pokemon usa loving these ideas! We gave the rules for team battles unlimited to big daddy snorlax for the compendium to review. If you need help with them before they post there opinion,, just begin asking professor Zuver quetions on the nov 8th post for now. He is watching .Im the best person to talk to about the schedule, as that is my part in the matter. We are gonna have another in hollywood fla on jan 17, which this time also includes a unlimited, and unlimited team battle,, as well as possibly a unlimited red,blue,yellow gameboy! Ouch! In march somewhere we palnning another event in Orlando. This will be modified team, neo on modified, And unlimited. Another is planned sometime possibly in west palm beach in may. Possibly draft unlimited,, not sure yet. All events allow for a free costume contest just for fun. Just keep watching our posts as they come,, many are shaping it just now. If you want to offer some input please do. Let us know of your events well in advance. Maybe some of us will visit,,, you never know... good luck/// I would like to play for once!