Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do you think we will ever see dubbed versions of the banned episodes?

Mattrd08

I think it's highly unlikely, but I'm still holding out hope. It wouldn't be unprecedented for an episode to be skipped and then dubbed seasons later (see: Beauty and the Beach), but should any of the banned episodes from the original series ever pop up, it would be by far the longest time between the Japanese and English airing of an episode. According to the voice actors, at the very least, the Dratini and Porygon episodes were dubbed by 4Kids in the initial batch, but held back from airing (other evidence seems to support at least the fact that the Dratini episode was intended to air as planned). I've yet to find any evidence that suggests that the Ice Cave episode was dubbed. My guess is no. Obviously airing the Dratini episode at this point in time would probably be deemed tasteless by many viewers due to gun control being such a huge issue in the United States right now, but it seems to me like the only thing holding the Porygon episode back is the stigma that it carries (an issue which has prevented it from even airing in reruns in Japan), which is unfortunate because I've seen the Japanese version and it's personally one of my favorite episodes from the first season. My biggest wonder is if Japan will ever see that Whiscash episode that never even aired there. That's something I'd really like to see one day, and I often wonder if anybody on the inside could possibly report on the status of that episode. As far as I know, it was never officially banned, just postponed indefinitely, then seemingly forgotten.

It's been more then 10 years, no way would they release these old episodes. Not only are they banned for a reason but the masters for the dubs are probably lost for good.

Last edited:
Back