Do you use AQ Horsea?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by DARKGeNGaR094, Aug 30, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. DARKGeNGaR094

DARKGeNGaR094 New Member

I like to look at deck help and strategy every now and again to find how much difference there is between US decks and Dutch decks. I've never seen 1 of those decks use AQ Horsea. Is it because no one plays entei/cargo or has no one noticed how it owns fire decks? (nearly) Everyone here uses Horsea(s) (which was actually my dads idea :D), I've suggested it there a couple of times, but I get replies asking why, not understanding the power of reverse thrust.
    Another one of these things is N3 Suicune (non-holo). You can build up on your bench without the risk of being gusted, works especially well in cargo.
    Opinions?

2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Now with NH suicune being rotated out, AQ Horsea is one of the most spashable water cards. It will take the place of most water tech in upcoming decks.

Over here, in the states, if a larger deck (Scizor, Grass) appears to have a problem with fire, there were 2 major tech solutions, either Mantine, for decks that did not need any colored energy (Scizor) or Starmie (SR) for decks that wanted a good colorless hitter that could do nice water damage.

With NH Suicune being gone I feel "Hit and Run" horsea will be an interesting tech. Too bad there are no more good babies to hide behind.

Meganium45

3. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

With my Scizor deck I went with overpowering Kabutops rather than small techs like Horsea or Mantine. Horsea isn't gonna OHKO Cargo & will easily be ko'd by Cargo.
    It's kind of like a ladder balancing power & cards needed.
    Starting with least cards least power:
    Aq Horsea
    Dest Mantine
    Sky Starmie
    Dis Kabutops
    Ending with more cards more power.
    Mantine was of course most popular but I prefer a second hitter against any deck like Kabutops.

4. Baboon

Baboon New Member

Hmm... Horsea just doesn't seem like a card I'd ever put into a deck. As was previously mentioned, free retreating Babies are a thing of the past now. Horsea dealing 40 damage to a Fire Pokemon is not really something too special. You can deal 40 damage with some other Pokemon that isn't necessarily Water typed, and not have to worry about changing Pokemon. Now, if you had a mostly Grass deck with some free retreaters, Horsea could be a good idea. Also, one of the dominant Fire Pokemon is Blaziken, and 40 damage at a time would take 3 hits to get a KO... @_@ I'm sure there's decks out there that could benefit from it, but I'd prolly not ever use Horsea.

5. RaNd0m

RaNd0m New Member

I like Horsea w/ Jumpluff from Aquapolis. Thrust, then send up Jumpluff with the Fluff threat. Not horrible against decks like Entei/Cargo.

~ RaNd0m