do YOUR friends know that you play pokemon?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by MudkipPrime, Mar 22, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

okay so most people that i know wont tell their friends at school that they play pokemon, so i decided to start this to see if your friends(outside of pokemon) know. I dont tell people at first because well, i only tell my close friends. so everytime school starts in september and i dont tell what i did in summer, i get heck from my dad, cause i didnt say "oh, i went to hawaii to plau some POKAYMANZ" but all my close friends know that i play. and also my dad ends up telling random people that i was in a tourney.

sometimes i get ticked off but whenever i go to a tournament in the states, they dont send us in cause, terrorists dont play pokemon

2. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

I let everyone know i play pokemon. hell, i even tell my teachers xD

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Most of my friends from Elementary know through one way or another, so I don't try to lie about it (except to my teachers lol), however, nor do I bring it up (like go to school and say "HEY GUYS, I WON POKEMON STATES!!!").

4. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

yeah in elementary EVERYONE knew that i played cause i was the best at my school, and yeah. but i dont bring up like HEY YOU I JUST WON CITIES!!

5. DJGigabyte

DJGigabyte Forum Moderator

Yup.

Most of my friends who I still see I met through Pokemon anyway, but all the others know too, so do the people at work.

6. Box of Fail

Box of Fail New Member

Yeah they all have shadier hobbies anyways. :D

7. DIZZtheWHIZZ

DIZZtheWHIZZ New Member

Most people at my high school that know think it's pretty cool.

8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Yes.

Then again, I have no friends outside of this game...

9. Mama_Luigi

Mama_Luigi New Member

I don't bring it up often, but yeah most people at my school know.
    And whenever someone trie to make fun of me for it, they usually just end up embarassing themselves anyways.

10. wolfroke

wolfroke New Member

I wish i had friends who play competitively <.<
    sucks to know that I am the only person in my school who does know about this pokemon stuff

11. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

I take pride in telling everyone.

12. poke50000

poke50000 New Member

you know what i say to a kid ( they arent my friends) in high school... i tell them " well at least i'm not so low that i would go in a gas station and steal bubble gum!!"

-P.S. Yes that kid did go steal bubble gum from a gas station

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  13. Barkjon

Barkjon Active Member

In general yeah..

14. czech59

czech59 New Member

My friends know. Some of them vaguely know how to play and I'll make decks for them with their favorite Pokemon and stuff and we'll battle over summer when things get boring. A few of my friends are gamers so some of them play the video games too. Luckily all us late teen/early twenty-somethings basically allll played/had something to do with Pokemon way back in elementary school so most people know of it at least anyway. I don't brag about accomplishments because, well I haven't accomplished anything.

15. koltonsdragonite

koltonsdragonite Active Member

I tell people that I play and if they try to make fun of me for it, I just say that my brother won a thousand dollar scholarship off pokemon and they just walk away.

16. Qwachansey

Qwachansey Active Member

LOL I founded the Pokemon Club...

17. rotomboyz

rotomboyz New Member

my friends know... and only my friends....
    but i'm still in public middle school so hardly anyone knows...
    i would get mauled if i told everyone.

18. livyyy

livyyy New Member

i'm in a liberal arts college, so people are a lot more accepting of hobbies like pokemon than they might be in high school. and judging by the pokemon merchandise overwhelming my dorm room, i would say a lot of people know haha. :]

19. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I wear a Pokemon hat EVERYWERE. Every random person I pass knows I at least like Pokemon.

So yes, my friends know I play.

20. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

Yeah, my friend and I are VG freaks about the game, constantly discussing PO success, failures, etc. plus I wear hats, shirts, and even my Cities Medal sometimes. Everyone knows I play.