Does Jason "Ness" play the Pokemon TCG anymore?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Turbo Blastoise, Sep 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

I was just wondering the other day that we don't hear much from the "unofficial" celebrity of the Pokemon TCG anymore. Did anyone see him at GenCon or Origins? Or does he even play the game anymore? I definitely miss his very candid and frank approach towards the game plus all his very informative articles that he wrote on Pojo (I know he taught me a lot about the game when it first debuted). So does anyone know?

2. farbsman

farbsman New Member

If I remember right, he got 1st place at Gencon FAT tournament

3. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Was it him that got band from DCI tournaments? I remember someone a couple years ago that did, and it was a big howdy-do-thing in the Pokemon gourp. Or am I thinking of someone else?

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

That was someone else.

5. Gym Leader Blaine

Thanks, I was not sure. :D

6. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Yeah, he won the Fan Appreciation Tournament at Gencon, made Top 8 in the Professor Championship, and to top it off he's at league almost every week ;x

7. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

that was phil mondiello who was banned from the dci

8. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

Actully, i believe mondiello was only suspended.

And i believe theres a post on neo with jason saying hes not gonna be following the game much longer

9. Gym Leader Blaine

That sounds right, I guess if Phil wants to play now he can since Nintendo had not banned him or any player from the tournaments yet ;)

10. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Ness still plays the TCG. Pidgeotto Trainer supposedly battled him at Gencon.

11. mossy2k4

mossy2k4 New Member

Jason plays a lot of games now, like MTG, Chess, and a lot of Poker. He's quite good at Poker, actually.

12. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

That would be Phil Mondiello you're thinking of - ahh fleeting fame...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  13. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Supposedly? So now you don't believe me. I personally played & beat him at the FAT & did a full report on his finals win that I posted the last week of Wizpog. (Perhaps I should repost that someday) Anything since then, I wouldn't know.

14. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

Supposedly, from what I have heard though the rumour mill, is that this person, doesn't find this game "to be the challenge it once was."

If that statement is correct, I would expect him to stay with the game to much longer. Then again, I have heard similar statements indirectly about this individual's involvement with the game.

So, if the man wants to quit, let him. If he is concerned about the game's continued success, he'll stay with it.

So, truthfully, I don't think anyone knows, except Ness himself. :rolleyes:

Skywolf1

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  15. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Hey wait, is he with blondish to brownish short hair usually wearing sunglasses, usually maintaining sarcastic personallity, and was at Origins Team Constructed? Could someone tell me.

And who the heck is Phil Mondello?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  16. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Phil Mondiello was one of the highest ranked Pokémon players in the world (don't remember what number, but definitely top 5) who was suspended from DCI for four years in 2001 for fraudulent tournament reports and submitting false info to the DCI. At that time one only needed to be 13 years old to be a DCI TO; after that incident, the age was raised to 18.

'mom

17. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

He then get an extension on his suspension for showing up at a Magic tourney and playing under a false name. How'd they know it was him? Someone called up and asked for a Phil Mondiello. When the store owner asked if there was a Phil Mondiello in the store, Phil (playing under another name) said, 'right here'

The End =x

18. Gym Leader Blaine

OUCH!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Im sure this was not the first time he did this, and I bet it will not be the last, but still OUCH!!!!!!! :eek:

19. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Jason had kept playing, but as of now, he is in " Retirement " with Nintendo taking over. He said he may come back eventually, but he is uncertain. He posted his goodbyes on Poke Neo within the past month, and it can be confirmed. I will try and get him to confirm this himself if he feels up to coming here at all.

20. Tego

Tego New Member

Because Nintendo took over the game? But he kept on saying that he hated Wizards' decisions and how much he wanted 15+ back. And now Wizards actually leave the game, Nintendo takes over, fully supports 15+ play again like in the old days, and he _quits_? Hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.