Does language of card impact on Value of Mint Charizard Ex ???

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by panacea, Oct 23, 2007.

1. panacea

panacea New Member

Seeking advice on whether if it is better to stick with English/American or whether getting a Japanese or other langueage Char Ex makes any difference to value.

Eg I was offerred an English Language one for about $80 whereas a Japanese one in mint condition was offerred to me for $70 .....

.... is there actually any perceived extra value to one or the other ? ? ?

Thanks

2. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

people tend to prefer the english one.

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Well back when I was a little kid and wanted charizards, Japanese was the thing to have.

Todays kids are like "Ugg... but I CANT read it.." For some reason, they now like English stuff

Charizard ex is a card that appeals to kids, so that is the market that you must please

Definitely get the English one, even it it is in near mint. I think the Japanese one was in a precon deck. I'M ACTUALLY SERIOUS :lol:

4. Lugia58

Lugia58 New Member

It was. :p

Get the English, everyone would rather have English than Japanese (except the Japanese).

5. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

English is by far the most expensive. But, Japanese is number 2. Then everything else.

Drew

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I just checked on eBay. I saw a Japanese (Mint) one at BUY IT NOW for $61.47 US. And one more thing... at that low price, it hasn't even sold yet. So you tell me.... if English ones go for an average of $90 or so. :thumb: