Does your Wii do this??

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by MrMeches, Dec 29, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Ok, I have noticed every once in a while that our Wii begins to Pulse the Blue Light.

The Wii is turned off (LED is RED), but then it starts to just Pulse where you load the games in. It has been doing it for a couple of months now and I kinda just dismissed it, but now instead of 5-10 minutes, it does it for a few hours.

I have Netgear WiFi and it is constantly on, and Charter Cable here in Fort Worth. So anyway, just wanted to know if this was something others have encountered or not!

~Prof. Fish~

2. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

Well the blue light means the Wii is connected to WiiConnect 24 which is how it gets updates and such. As long as the light is on it is connected. What doesn't make sense is that your light goes on while the LED is red, the light only goes on while the LED light is orange. Red means that the Wii is off and is not connected to WiiConnect 24. Orange means it is connected to WiiConnect 24 and is off. I may not have the same connection settings as you but that really won't make a difference. Plus this should be explained in the manual. Hope this helps.

3. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Blue Light only means there is new unread important mail on your Wii, nothing to worry about.

Orange light on the power button means what King of Magikarps described.

4. h0bbesteroo

h0bbesteroo New Member

When it Pulses, it means it has received an update from the nintendo WiFi or its ready to recieve an update. Go to your settings and check for updates. Once it is up to date, it should stop pulsing.

5. Mew

Mew New Member

6. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

Mine pulses and its fully updated.

7. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

The light pulses when ever you have an unread message of ANY kind. I think it briefly flashes when you load a game.

8. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I guess what the above people said, I personally never have mine connected to that 24 hour thing since I have a Nintendo USB connector.

9. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Thanks to everyone.. I guess the weird part was it was OFF (Red LED) but still would do it and after reading through everything in the Manual, it didn't indicate that htis was an option. It normally does it in stand by (Orange LED) so that is why I was puzzled.

Also I noticed if the Wii Mote is used to turn it off, it actually goes to stand by so this coulda been the reason for some of the issues.

Thanks again everyone.

10. Lugia Omega

Lugia Omega New Member

You guys are not paying attention! When it pulses when you put a game in, or take it out, its normal. Mine does it too. If it pulses when it not on, theres mail to be read. This comes from either games or real people. And every one is right about the light on the pwr button.