Donphan/Jumpluff

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Professor Elm, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Pokemon (14)
    4 Donphan
    4 Phanpy
    2 Jumpluff
    1 Skiploom
    2 Hoppip
    1 Shuckle

Energy (15)
    10 Fighting
    5 Grass

Trainers (31)
    4 Great Ball
    3 Master Ball
    3 Dusk Ball
    4 Quick Ball
    3 Birch
    3 Oak's Visit
    1 Copycat
    4 Pluspower/ER2/Buffer Piece
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Windstorm

Aim for a Turn 2 Donphan and Rapid Spin away, forcing your opponent to change his/her strategy and bring up undesirable pokemon. When you Rapid Spin bring up a Jumpluff and force them to attempt an attack or lose a turn.
    Really annoying deck that I am gonna try out.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

LMK how this works out. I'm playing Donphan w/ Mime right now and I love it.

That's a lot of Balls. I'd make room for Pokenav/Pokedex if you want to go that route. I personally think it works better with a Castaway engine. Another thing you should consider is dropping the windstorms for a couple DRE. If they drop a cess to KO Shuckle or Jumpluff, you respond by sending up donphan for 120, which should be a KO.

3. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Good point.
    I like the Ball/Fishing engine a lot better in this deck cause it is fast and basically ensures a T2 Donphan.
    BUT I am likin Mime/Jr. a lot better.
    I just tested a Sharpedo/Donphan version but Absol just screws the deck. Everything I got was discarded the very next turn. And then they were able to pull out 2 Empoleon Lv. X giving me virtually no hand the entire game.
    The Fishing Engine eliminates Lucksacing of Absol.
    Do you play 4x ER2 in your Mime build? Cause I think w/ 4 ER2 you could buy yourself plenty of time.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

Ever consider adding furret? Great for setting up and has a rapid spin effect.

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I run 4 ER2 and I wouldn't run it any other way. It forces more misplays on their part.

Absol is a bit of a problem, but running Castaway definitely helps out. A rapid spin with a strength charm is a KO.

And I wouldn't run any Mime Jr. A Mime start is always amazing, but a Jr. start isn't.

6. kangaroo

kangaroo New Member

why don't you increase the jumpluff line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.