Downloadable League Activities for League Leaders!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by mysterioustrainer, Jan 3, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Pokemon Organized Play now has activities for players at league can complete for league points. League Leaders can download .pdfs when they log in at http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/leagues whether the kits will have the same activities is a good question. Some of the activities are not worth downloading because of their poor design.

2. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Oh goody, this is even better than the Christmas cards- Just what we need more of in OP. Activities! :rolleyes:

3. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Aw man, you are TOO young to be that cynical.

OR maybe not...

4. marril2k

marril2k Member

Ooh! Nifty! I design a league activity for my players every season... and by a league vote each are worth 40 points (can do 1 per season too). I will see about posting my activities... Intresting, I look forward to see what they come up with...

-marril

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

What's the url to the page that has this on it. Not only that, but I can't even find the page to sign in. Help please

6. mysterioustrainer

7. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

one of the word searches is easy. no more than 20pts.
    the other is hard and the columns aren't lined up properly, adding to the difficulty. 50pts max for completion seems fair to me.

the crossword has info which may not be known to players and i'd say is worth 30pts max.

should points really be given for coloring in pokemon? shouldn't that just be a fun thing to do? I wouldn't want to be a judge on artwork and say one kid gets more pts than another. I also have no supplies for the people to color with. I guess there could be a contest where the players color in the pokémon and the staff of the store would judge which ones they like best (and they don't know what all these pokemon look like so a Torchic, for example, wouldn't necessarily need to be the standard orange and yellow but instead have a different idea). Points could be awarded to the winners.

other ideas?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  8. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Doesn't sound like any of the hold a candle to the old Match Game-inspired activity I used to hold.

9. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Some of this stuff look like what WOTC sent out with Season 1 and Season 2 league years ago which the younger kids enjoyed doing.

10. mysterioustrainer

If you guys look on the league kits, Pokemon Organized Play recommends that you only award 10 points for each activity completed. This is because you need to allow the Trading Card Game to be the main focus of the league.

11. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Myst,the key word being "recommends".Each Gym Leader should choose as they see fit IMO.I always offered 50pts to my members if they handed in a completed activity.They could either do it at League or take it home and then hand it in next time.Remember the key thing here is for them to do it(thus learning more of Pokemon and/or the TCG) and for them to have fun.Have to diversify so it doesn`t get boring.Shadowcard brings up a good point in that the coloring activities aren`t that hard and therefor should be lesser points.I`ll prolly do 25 for them(hmmm..maybe even have a "coloring contest" for the winner to earn a prize or something...). :)

As for mistakes,it looks like I`m not the only one to notice.The EX R&S Word Search(the "smaller" one) didn`t have the word "Sapphire" in it.The "bigger" EX R&S Word Search had some of the lines of the letters crooked making it harder to read and search for the words.On the EX R&S Crossword puzzle,a few of the boxes did`nt print out due to the pictures.In the Pokemon Secret Code,a word in #6 and a few letters in #5 and #6 don`t print out.Now,all of these were easily rectified(except for the word search with the crooked letters).Just write in whats missing and make copies of them.The word search with the crooked letters will just have to be dealt with.

Anyone make sense of the "Poke-Ball Puzzle fun"?

`Sensei

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.