DP-on, What's Legal?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by hanyoulink, Jul 1, 2008.

1. hanyoulink

hanyoulink New Member

:ppowr:I've been wondering how the new rules will work ever since i heard that as of September we will only be able to use DP-on cards, is this true? and if so i have a couple questions I'm sure a lot of people would like answered!:pbody:

:psychic:My questions are::lightning

:fire:will we still be able to use old basic energies? I mean they're exactly the same but they look a little different.:metal:

:grass:will we be able to use special energies that still come out in DP sets like special darkness energies and steel energies?:dark:

:water:can we use trainers like the potions from ex series? they look the same and work the same but they only have the little icon at the bottom, does that matter all that much?

:fighting:I mean I understand that we can't use old pokemon, special energies, and trainers becuase they would put use at a very big dis/advantage, these questions are just driving me nuts though!

:colorlessFeel free to post your debates on whether you feel this is fair or not and please, if you know help me ouy by posting your opinion/answers

BTW I love the pokemon emotes they're freakin amazing

2. Hamster92

Hamster92 New Member

Yes, it's true Modified for the season 2008-2009 will be DP-on.

Will we still be able to use old basic energies? I mean they're exactly the same but they look a little different.
    Can't see any reason why it should been illegal.

Will we be able to use special energies that still come out in DP sets like Special Darkness Energy and Steel Energy?
    If I didn't misunderstand, you can use Darkness Energy (Special) and Metal Eneryg (Special) since theyre reprinted in series from the Diamond & Pearl set.

can we use trainers like the potions from ex series? they look the same and work the same but they only have the little icon at the bottom, does that matter all that much?
    Some older Trainers are also reprinted in the Diamond & Pearl set.

3. Sunscorch

Sunscorch New Member

Old basic energies have always been allowed in whatever format is current.

Old special energies are allowed if they're reprinted in a format-legal set. If the text on the card is different, you'll need a Card-Dex reference, though (or a current legal card), to refer to.

Old trainers, if reprinted in a legal set, are allowed. Again, references may be needed.

4. hanyoulink

hanyoulink New Member

AH! thank you both so much these were the answers i was looking for.:biggrin: