Dragon Wind

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by JohnnyBlaze, Feb 26, 2004.

1. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Again terminology question. Here is the ruling from The Compendium:

So really when a kid is looking at this answer they still cant figure it out because the answer doesnt reflect the actually wording in the question. Does the Attacker choose who comes up like in a Gust of Wind scenario or does the Defending player choose like in a Warp Point?

This came up at one of the CC's and it was ruled that the Defender chooses who comes out. I figured it was worded this way because of 2 on 2 battles.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Attacked = Active.
    The Defender only gets a choice in 2-on-2 play.
    We'll see if we can clarify the wording.

3. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

No, that would agree with the wrong ruling. Attacker = Active, Attacked = Defending.

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sorry. Typo. I meant Attacker = Active

5. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

I think I like the way that JohnnyBlaze has posed the question the best.

In this respect, Dragon Wind is like a Gust of Wind. The person using the Dragon Wind ability chooses the benched pokemon.

The only time that the other person would get to make any choice is in a two on two battle. Then they would choose which defending pokemon to send to the bench.

Right?

6. PokeMasterFlabface

PokeMasterFlabface <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yeah I read the cards Poke-Power over and over again... and yes it is a Gust of Wind. But the opponent gets to choose which Active Pokemon to switch out, for the Bench Pokemon you chose to bring out. They get to choose which Active only if you are having a 2 on 2 battle. :)

7. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

[pendantic hat on]

The Salamance player ALWAYS gets to choose the effected benched pokémon. The Defending player ALWAYS get to choose the active pokémon

[/hats off!]

sometimes there is only a single benched card so no choice for the active player and sometimes (usually) there is only one active defending pokémon.