2 copycat
1 steven's
1 team galactic
2 ssu
2 warp point

6 grass
4 d rainbow
4 castform

STRATEGY: Not a big surprise. Build up Flygon to power up Dragonite or Flygon d EX. Fearow searcher.

Last edited:
I just made a deck similar to this.. mines still in the early stages though (not sure how far along this one is?).

Whats the Boost for?

I tried SSU in mine, but I didnt like it. Even if it hit, you have to have another ready-to-go stage 2 line out if you want to take full advantage. Im just not a fan of coin flips. Id suggest Switch/Warp Point as an alternative.

Id cut a Steven's (maybe even 2). Lately not many people have been using more than 2 Mentors, which means that unless its late game, Steven would probably only get you 2-3 cards, though 3 is still decent. Maybe Rowan instead?

Too play Draggys first attack, you might not have any energy, well that why I think its in the deck, correct me if I am wrong.

I fail to see why you don't run Lake Boundary when Dragonite and Flygon EX D are your main attackers. Fits perfectly in this deck, as both of your main attackers have no weakness and you could lock it in with Dragonite. Granted I'd only run 1 or 2(Not a lot of grass weak pokemon), but it could also help out a lot against Mario.

Castform start?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? *faints*

Lake Boundary would work well with Flygon ex d to counter all those Mario decks. Also, if you use the psychic vibrava, you could do major damage with Lake Boundary.

Yep, Castform start for this one. 12 starters gives a good chance to escape T1 death. The Vibrava is the Psychic one, so good catch, dude.

Again, what to drop for Lake Boundary?

I would take out the Scoop Up, but if you must have it then I think you could suffice with 3 windstorm.

I would also drop boost for a couple grass energy. The times when it's useful, you would be better off just double attaching anyway.

I'm thinking that I would run -1 SSU & -1 Windstorm. IMHO you really need at least one Warp Point. It's just so helpful with Dragonite ex d for multiple KOs with the damage counters.

-1 SSU
-1 Windstorm

+2 Warp Point

I think Warp Point is needed for the reason stated above, and also because it gives you a way to cycle out Cessation Crystals if you don't have a Windstorm handy. The only issue is high retreat costs throughout the deck, so if you were to Warp you'd have to make sure you had something on the bench to attack with. I think setup decks need to abuse Scramble as much as possible in this format, but I dunno where you'd fit a couple in, not to mention only Delta Supply Flygon could use it.

Following changes made:

(1) -1 Windstorm, -1 SSU, +2 Warp Point. Sounds logical.
(2) -2 Boost, +2 Grass. Boost may not be as effective as I think.

Lake Boundary - still can't find the room since I love ssu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back