1 PETM
2 Wally's Training
1 Fan Club

Energy-17
6 Water
5 Fire
4 Rainbow
2 Multi

Interesting deck Aryl. I completely agree that Salamence destroys Blaziken in CC format. (unless they have a couple Shard....) I don't know about running Rayquaza ex w/out energy manipulation. It looks like you would get 1 good shot off. In case you don't know, Multi and Rainbow HAVE to be discarded when you use Quazas attack. I have thought a lot about Salamence for our metagame but I still don't think your version has enough to beat Gardevoir. Is Wally actually good here? I can see you could get turn 2 Salamence but...
Anyways good luck.
Btw, I understand your deck but generally you should give a brief strategy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Ross(your the only one who ever replies to my decks anymore). Quaza is here for anything that can't be killed by Salamence(Gardy ex, Aggron ex, etc.), and works quite well. I know Rainbow/Multi have to be discarded, and I'm not really concerned about doing so. Place a r/m, then a fire next turn, and you do 80. Very nice. Wobb and Quaza rape Gardy without much trouble, Wobby is actually here almost only for Gardy. I found that I have a shortage of PETM right now(only 1, lol), so I decided to try Wally. It works very well. I got turn 2 Salamence 2 games out of 3. Ok, I'll give a strategy.

Get up a Bagon 1 way or another(high draw power, sparce, etc.) first turn. Wally 2nd turn, then procede to dominate. By turn 4 you should have complete control of the field. 60 can kill any regular un-evolved basic(Torchic, Ralts, etc.) If the opponenet manages to build up a Gardy or something, bring up Wobb or Quaza and continue your killing spree. This decks main strength is its speed, I usually have a fully powered Salam out turn 4, and atleast 1 Salam on the bench. They cannot build anything up with a 120HP poke doing a steady 60 per turn with a Gust power.

I'm considering adding some Double Rainbow when I manage to get some, 10 less damage is worth it. 50 can still kill the average basic. And this against a regualar Blaz/Quaza(and even tails), is just hilarious. Blazy can't touch me, and if they dare bring out a Quaza, I guarentee I will get an easy 2 prizes.

Well I still think Gardevoir can get around 2 Wobs with no way to get nrg to them any quicker. Remember you can't use DRE at the CC but I agree it will be a good future addition to Salamence. Most basics are 50 anyways, still ohkos Rayquaza.

yes, Double rainbow is almost a necessity in this I think. Its VERY VERY good in a deck like this. Definitely add it in there. Drop a few regular Rainbows for another Fire and a dre. Maybe drop the multis for a couple more DRE.

The one thing I ALWAYS hated with Salamence was that it needed 4 for 60. Its awful. It only needs to do 50, preferably for 3, but DRE provides the same effect making the deck THAT much faster. I think this can be a pretty good contender. I do like the Rayquazza idea, though I'm not sure how often it'll make its mark, but if you can control the game early on, a Rayquazza as a finisher is definitely something to fear. You may also wanna consider Latias ex, but what Ray has over it is the speed. You can do 2 for 80 with rainbows. Plus, the unlimited dmg thing is awesome against Aggron and such.

I'm quite sure you don't need 4 switch. 3 is good, and even 2 may suffice. I'm not sure how well Wobbuffet works in this... I hate wobbs without any form of energy manipulation. Maybe drop it in favor of another Sparce and some bbp or something... I dunno.

Good luck with it. It looks purdy nice.

But with 4 Switch, you'll also find that you will draw them when you don't need them... A LOT. I just think you can cut one, you'll prolly find that its good to have another slot for something else.

Also, you have 3 oracle. You oracle for one if you think you're going to need one. Just a thought, but if you think you need 4, its your deck lol.

Hmmmm, I'll consider dropping 1 Switch. And no, I'm not concerned about colorless, as the only other colorless decks(Salamence, Blazy/Quaza, Rogue Flygon, Mirror Matches) are weak to me anyway, and I can gust them up before they can touch me(Catty is not a colorless deck BTW).

Last edited:
No, they are not colorless decks that hurt you but every deck runs Shard for Rayquaza as it is. That is what scares me away from Salamence alot. Shard HURTS. It hurts BAD. I have beaten most Salamence decks with Blaziken due to that. Shard them and they die alot faster. Plus if a Blaziken deck runs Multi NRG and Ray it can have 1 Blaziken in play, drop a mulit and a firestarter later they OHKO you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back