Dragonite EX and Rainbow Energy

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by pokeprofRaymond, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

Here is Dragonite-EX attack:

(W)(L) Dragon Wave 70 Discard a (W) Energy card and a (L) Energy card attached to Dragonite ex.

Question: If there are two rainbow energy cards that can provide the :lightning and :water: energy, will these (rainbow energy cards) get discarded in using dragon wave?

I ask this because a friened insisted that even the rainbow energy provide the energy for Dragon Wave it is not discarded. Please give an explanation why it is discarded when using dragon wave (or not).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  2. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Yay, we finally got an answer!!! :
    == DRAGON BURST (Rayquaza-EX - EX: Dragon)

Q. If I have a Rayquaza-EX Active with three Lighting energy and a Rainbow Energy and used Dragon Burst, would I have to discard the Rainbow Energy along with the Lighting energy? Would the same apply with a Multi Energy?
    A. Yes, Rainbow Energy counts as all types, so it would have to be discarded along with the rest of the Lightning Energy (if that's the type you choose to discard). Same goes for Multi Energy as long as no other special energy cards are attached at the time of attack. This is a REVERSAL of what was stated in the EX-Dragon prerelease FAQ. (Feb 12, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Thanks for your patience,
    - CHRISBO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.