Dragonite ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by psycodad, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psycodad

psycodad New Member

Here's my first list:
    Pokes 18
    4 dratini - dragon dew
    2 dragonair - dazzle blast
    4 dragonite ex
    4 elekid ss
    2 dunsparse
    2 zangoose

trainers - 24
    4 oaks research
    4 shaman
    2 birch
    2 fan club
    4 pokemon nurse
    3 rare candy
    2 energy recycle system
    2 switch
    1 town volunteers

nrg 18
    9 electric
    9 water
    I am not playing C/shard in my version. No room. I use zangoose to protect against colorless. Not sure if I will keep the elekids and dunsparce. Comments, fixes, verbal abuse?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  2. psycodad

psycodad New Member

After testing I am liking this better:
    Pokes 21
    3 dratini - dragon dew
    2 dragonair - dazzle blast
    3 dragonite ex
    3 mudkip dragon
    2 marshtomp
    3 swampert
    2 magnemite
    2 magneton

trainers - 21
    4 oaks research
    3 shaman
    2 birch
    2 fan club
    4 pokemon nurse
    3 rare candy
    2 switch
    1 town volunteers

nrg 18
    9 electric
    9 water

3. Well I really can't help since I don't know wich Marshtomp , Swampert , Magnemite and , Magneton your playing with.If you caould please type down wich ones your using I could talk about the deck with you.

4. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

I like the first one better, just my 2 cents

5. psycodad

psycodad New Member

APT
    I am using random spark magnemite and magnetic field magneton from dragon and Water Call Swampert from R/S. The strategy is get dragonite ex built & active with swampert and magneton on the bench. Discard two to attack with dragonite, use tons power to get them back, attach the electric and use swamperts power to attach the water and attack again. Nurse between shots as required. The top llist is a little easier too pull off. The second list is a beast when it's up and running. The energy recycle system works well in the first deck.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would drop 1-2 of each energy type for 2-4 Boost. A suprise 120 damage if needed. (yes I know it is a flip, but it is still 120 damage and a good risk late game at times)

7. Maybe some more basics would be good like Zangoose , ElectabuzzEX , Minun , or Plusle and I have been thinking about Holo RS Dellcatty and it might work for this deck.

8. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Hmm...

Try This.

4/2/4 Dragonite Line
    2/1/2 Swampert Line
    2/2 Magneton
    2/2 Delcatty

run 4 oracle ...
    try to find room though ;x .. its late and im tired ;x ... if im going to lab tommarow in networkin, ill make a list.

9. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Only prob I see is no power to pull the evolutions. I love this era where people think they can run 3-4 evolution lines.

I like the Dragonite Swampert Combo, and if you want to add Delcatty, Fine.

You need some trainers to get those evolutions out, or you will be stalling big time when you need them the most.

Fast Ball would be a waste, too random in this deck. Probably a dual ball or some other wacked out ball.

Try that, but GET off of 4 evolution lines.

M45

10. psycodad

psycodad New Member

Hey Meganium
    Good to hear from you. Yeah, 4 lines is tough. 3 lines is tough but it can be done. Magneton allows me to get nrg back that was discard using dragonite ex's attack. You could run fisherman or nrg recycle system or other nrg retrieval trainers and drop the magneton. It works as well but it actually takes more space.

11. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

6 Supporters.... ewww.... try Hyper potion or something else other than Poke'Nurse. Cause it's like.... ewww

12. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Considering there will most likely be NO energy on Drago EX, then Hyper Potion will be useless. Nurse is when needed, and once this is up and running, little Supporter help is needed. Magneton/Swapert/Drago EX do all the work for you.

13. Howbout Mr. Briny's Compassion.

14. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

On a Dragonite EX. Try reading Brineys Compassion again. It says On any non EX Pokemon? I suppose it would work on Swampert/Magneto, but the idea is to have them becnhed............

15. I know Spectreon.I was just sugesting and what if you have Dragonair active and it only has a couple HP left while Dragoex is in your hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.