Dragonite ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by YoungJohn06, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Okay, I know I'm probably going to be attacked here and everyone is gonna say "OMG NO IT'S BAD! NEVER GONNA WORK!" but oh well, ya said that about BAR (Jermy's deck) and it proved to be good, so here we go again lol. :p

Here's the deck list, followed by details

Pokemon: 27

4 Dunsparce SS
    4 Mudkip DR
    2 Marshtomp DR
    3 Swampert RSH
    4 Dratini DR
    2 Dragonair DR
    1 Dragonite EX
    3 Dragonite ex DR
    2 Magnemite DR3
    2 Magneton DR1

Trainers: 18

4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Professor Birch
    2 Oracle

Energy: 15

7 Lightning Energy
    8 Water Energy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay now for the explaining. With Swampert and Magneton out.. you can do 70 every turn for the two energy... his power is awesome, attach stuff to bench and then move up to him. If you have two Dragonite ex out, it's really good when you combo them with pokemon nurse... energy jump or what ever it is to the other dragonite nurse the injured and energy jump them back... it's like sceptile tech. I can normally get it up fairly fast. Giant Tail isn't half bad either, it can really be useful if you're willing to take a chance. Overall the deck has performed well during the games it's played. Fixes/comments?

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

you know those type of people are closed mind players, and dont know the power of SS sparce lol. We played and both decks were toooooooooo slow, but you still won, i cant imagine the massacre it woul've been if you had gotten out the deck faster =S, nice deck, IMO everythig in the environment will become: pokemn'?'/pokemon'?' ex. draggy, gardy, blaze, swampert, thats what the nvironment will be at worlds i guess.

3. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I think you're gonna be right, that seems to be the trend, mixing the EX with the good non ex version.

The deck did get up kinda slow, but I was trying to find my dang Dragonite ex lol. :p

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

My thoughts on the deck... Maybe add Delcatty for speed...
    also I would rethink Exp Drago.... just a thought

Lastly, -1 or 2 of each NRG type for 2-4 Boost. Suprise Giant Tail if needed. Its a flip, but 120!!!!

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would consider a Weakness Guard or 2, for Colorless weakness....

6. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I love dragonite ex, but the thing about him is this:

He's just like Rayquazza... cept lower damage and it takes him sooo long to get out. If I was running draggy, I'd definitely consider Elekid maybe instead of the Magneton for early stuff. It thins the deck, gets you eneergy that you can trans to Draggy later game.

I like the idea, its pretty good. I just really think you need some kind of defense against Rayquazza cuz obviously its faster and can ohko you as easily as you can ohko it. You can't really gust it in... so I don't know how you would be able to stop its onslaught. Weakness guard won't work just because they can wait for anotehr turn, then come out and hit you. Though it is one more turn, and you can pull something with all that bought time... then again rayquazza can just discard 4 and you're gone lol.

I dunno, if there was no rayquazza, this would be completely awesome, but since there is ray, I don't see this being as good as it could be.

7. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

I really like Dragonite Ex as well, it is a very nice card but I do not see a deck centered around him doing well. 70 Damage is just not enough, it would take 3 turns to KO a Gardevoir Ex.

I think your prediction about worlds is pretty correct, except Victreebel doesn't play any Ex's ^_^ And I think that will have at least a small showing at Worlds.

We will see.

~Colin

8. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I think I'm going to drop the Dragonite Expedition, I originally played it so I could free retreat, it worked semi well, but it's not really helping that much.

I personally think this deck has an advantage over Rayquaza (at least Jermy's version, which well... there ain't gonna be nothing faster). Mainly because, Swampert is going to OHKO every blaziken they send up, Dragonite ex is going to OHKO Rayquaza... it will be a very close game I think. I know this deck isn't really that strong, but it's fun and it can win.

9. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hey, I was just wondering, what turn do you usually get set up with a Dragonite ex, Magneton, and Swampert?

10. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

turn 2-4. I've managed to get it out on turn 2 once, and then the rest the majority of it was set up on turn 3 or 4.

11. Pablo

Pablo New Member

yeah, i forgot to mention that there will also be other random decks such as flygon, muk ex, vic, tech decks and other stuff, but they wont give such an impact as the ones i mentioned IMO

12. SupremeBlader22

SupremeBlader22 New Member

hm well i kno decks like this can work(seein jermy's incredible BAR deck) but y not use dragonite EX/altaria?

13. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Are you saying Vic is random? -_-

14. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Mudkip means not as heavily played as the big guys: Wailord/Aggron, Gardy, Blaze, BAR. Not that it's random. Just not as many people will play it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.