Dragonite N Ampharos Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by nikx1, Nov 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikx1

nikx1 New Member

This is my deck ive been playing with. It works quite well when it sets up, but sometimes is takes a few turns?

Im sure people know how it is played; use Dragonite and Ampharos to create a little havoc with your opponents Supporter card's whilst doing damage to their Pokemon.
    Current List:

Pokemon 18
    3 Dratini
    1 Dragonair
    3 Dragonite ex d

4 Tauros (Call For Family) or Budew

3 Mareep
    1 Flaffy
    3 Ampharos SW

Energy 14
    10 Grass
    4 Multi

Trainers 28
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Bill's Maintenance
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Copycat
    4 Stadium (2 Battle Frontier 2 Crystal Beach)
    4 Team Galactic’s Wager
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Scott

Any help or suggestions are appreciated as always :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. Pika-Pat

Pika-Pat New Member

cheak out my deck dude

3. nikx1

nikx1 New Member

Where can i find it?

4. votalesin

votalesin New Member

cheak = check

I searched for posts started by you Pika-Pat, there doesn't appear to be a Drag/Ampharos deck.

5. nikx1

nikx1 New Member

No suggestions anyone?

6. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

I'll give you a few suggestions.

If you have them, I'd use Professor Oak's Visit instead of Bill's as you can play it even if it is your only card.

I think you need some Windstorms in case your opponent tries to Cessation Crystal your Jamming.

And Budew doesn't seem to fit here since the only Trainers you have are Rare Candy and Night Maintenance (and maybe Windstorm). If you want Budew then you should add Pokemon searching trainers like Master Ball, etc. Or maybe you meant Chingling which lets you grab a Supporter?

You do not have any Switch or Warp Points which you may want since Ampharos has a big retreat cost.

Finally, I would probably add in a Rayquaza δ ex and change the Multi Energies to Lightning. You only need grass and lightning and if you end up with 2 Multi on the same card you will only get colorless from them.

I hope that some of that helps!

7. Hiro

Hiro New Member

I would not have 4 Galactic's Wager, mayber 3, but 2 should be fine, and I would up the NIght Maintence. I agree with Heatherdu, Beduw not so great with out Holon Engine anymore. I would do Chinglig. Tauros is a good idea too, but I am not sure if you have issues with getting your basics? If not Chinglig, if so keep Tauros.

8. jonnj

jonnj New Member

Little idea with Dragonite ex

3-2-3 Draggy ex
    1-1 Fearow
    1 Ray ex d
    1-1 Mightena ex
    1-0-1 Amperos SW
    4 Castform Hp
    1-1 Altaria ex d

4 Mentor
    3 Bebes
    2 Holon Adventurer
    1 Copycat
    1 TGW
    1 NM
    3 Castway
    2 Buffer Piece
    1 S Charm
    2 Candy
    3 Windstorm

10 Grass
    4 d Rainbow

Stratgey
    Spreed with DRaggy and Amperos. Fearow gets pokemon. Altaria helps to load Draggy. Ray tech. Mightena ex switch to make it easier for DRaggy ex d.

Good luck

9. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

i'd do 3-2-3 line of both amphy and Draggy and have 1 ampharos be DF so u can use dRE instead of Multi.

10. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Play holon castform and make the basic and 1stage pokemon delta for amphy.. holon castform will alow you to set up much much faster. Also i would try to add in a 2-2 altaria it helps power up the dragys really fast, and locks them faster. for trainers if you end up doing the delta version (which is alot better...)
    should be this after adding in a 2-2 altaria and switching out the tarous/budew with castform.

24 trainers

3 mentor (or 2 mentor 1 rosannes.. depends if your having a tough time getting energys at start.)
    4 rare candy
    4 bebes search/elms (i like elms cause you will rarely be searching for a basic with this deck, and it doesnt make you loose a resource)
    2 stevens advice (great draw and recovery card.)
    2 castaway (gets energy you need and sets you up for next turn.)
    3 holon adventurer (myswell cause you'll probaly have left over delta pokemon...)
    2 night maintnenece
    3 windstorms (cessation crystals shuts of amphys power which is almost the whole point of the deck.. and altarias energy accell power..also getting rid of pesky buffer peaces are nice too.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.