Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Duel Masters anime

Dek

Dont worry, you aren't seeing things.

I was watching DBGT (i know. i know...) Saturday night and i saw a Toonami advertisement for the Duel Masters anime that will start on Friday. I dont know if this will replace DBGT, but it will be on

that doesn't bother me if they replace gt, i have every dvd up through the first four evil dragons.........

it might be nice to see a new anime, but i STILL WANT TRIGUN

Man i watched it and at first it was iffy, but i got to say: I am a fan! It has the cooky off beat humor digimon had, as in there are waaaay random comments made that are little comical remarks made. Plus i always love it when shows realize they are shows. Plus it isnt as talky as YGO. They talk, but they usually have something interesting to say, not repeating over and over the current situation in a duel...THUMBS UP for Duel Masters!, say I.

Last edited:
I liked how they had the "less talk more action" sort of approach.

Anyways, I saw it, was cool to see them playing and all but overall unimpressed with the show. I'll keep watching it though, maybe it'll grow on me.

I like it, the CGI monters are good(unlike some other animes ¬_¬). And the digimon thing PLX, Sobu has the same voice actor(seiyuu, i think thats right) as Ty from the frist digimon season.

I watched it, and I'm still up in the air on it. I loved all of the comical remarks they constantly made (especially about the Evil Genius part), and they just seemed to ... flow. However, even though I've never watched Yu-Gi-Oh, it seems very familliar to it in a way, and that will likely be it's downfall, although who knows, it might just persuade some Yu-Gi-Oh fans to watch it ;)

I'll probably watch it when it's on, but that's just because I usually have nothing better to do. As for the TCG, I know how to play it, but I doubt I'll be buying any of the cards for it. But that's a different story. ;)

I found the comments to be a little over the top, especially the "music change" and "last episode" remarks. Also, I was a little bit put off how they had a flashback to the first episode IN THE SECOND EPISODE. Also, they don't really go into detail about how the game works, and that's one of the things that might turn the YGO watchers off, as they explain every single card and effect played. I also thought that some of the battles were way too short (such as that battle against the cheater). I understand the need to skip the unimportant parts, but not in the first duel that we are actually able to see.

It is a good anime! The only thing is, it gets hard to follow if you don't know the rules of the game. I watched and hour of it last night and it wasn't half bad. I give Duel Master's anime one and a half tumbs up.

one and a half...kinda risky...i say just one for two reasons: one, i dont have half a thumb and two, i never like to spring to a judgement, neither high nor low, about a show untill i have seen at least three episodes. I'm counting the three on friday as one episode since it was in one sitting. By three sittings, you should get a good judgement of how the show can get you. I like to see how it gets my attention in three different time periods, y'know? But like i said, so far so good.

Anyone hate it?

Back