dulpicate packs in GE???

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by DukeFireBird, Mar 1, 2008.

1. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

Well guys, I just got home from my State Championship and I opened my judge box and noted something of interest..

here are 10 packs of cards i pulled, I will list only the commons

Pack 1 in order
    Illumise, Makuhita, Jigglypuff, Wingull, and Caterpie
    Pack 2 in order
    Illumise, Makuhita, Jigglypuff, Wingull, and Caterpie

hm, weird

Pack 3
    krabby, weedle, ekans, whismur, mudkip
    pack 4
    krabby, weedle, ekans, whismur, mudkip

o_O

pack 5 and 6
    cacnea, slugma, porygon, feebas, kakuna
    cacnea, slugma, porygon, feebas, kakuna

O_O

i dont think i need to go on...

how can 5 of the same common be in 2 packs, and be in the same order 5 times?!?!?!

Are the boosters predetermined?
    am i just hexed?
    Error box?

side note, another judge opened 2 of her packs, SAME THING...

thoughts?

~Duke

2. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Maybe the box haxed? :confused:

I do agree that is odd though...maybe someone messed up in the random sorting department or something.

3. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

That is very dangerous business/playerwise because anyone receiving packs like that could do the following:

• Open a pack and keep the contents.
    • If that pack contained something good, get it again in the second pack (open)
    • If it was junk, put it in a pile aside
    • Repeat for the rest of the pairs of boosters
    • Sell the boosters put aside for poor contents (don't open).

If the problem you described is common, I'd imagine very few people would want to buy loose unopened packs for fear that anyone could harvest the goodies and sell the junk packs. It would even cause the rare cards from GE to drop in value if lots of people did the process because there would be more stock than demand.

Potentially very, very dangerous indeed.

4. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

well like i said, its only for the commons though, the uncommons i did not see any pattern.

it just is something interesting, and also it only happened for 5 pairs of packs in my box.

~Duke

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Holon transceiver wasn't even a rare and we all know they weren't trading hands for 20 cents.

6. chriscobi634

chriscobi634 New Member

i opened a pack with a RH Pachi, and regular Pachi so I'm not complaining.

But seriously Wood811 did notice something like this too last night

7. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I've seen that in a box of GE too.

8. Zezeta

Zezeta New Member

I've notice that happens sometimes when I buy booster packs. It seems like a small percentage of boxes are set-up that way.

My brother and I bought a GE box yesterday and didn't have that problem, but I've bought like 4 booster packs at times and almost all the commons are exactly the same. Maybe there is something with their sorting machines that creates anomalies every so often.

9. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

I haven't had any issues with the commons but I have noticed an above average amount of packs with the same reverse holo and rare/regular holo.

10. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

the box/card gods don't like you Chris =(

<3 TINA

11. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

My friends bought 2 boxes and pulled 1 pack out of another just opened box ...Out of 3 boxes the lv X card in each was in the same place pack wise and my GF and I went to our store and looked at our box and picked the same pack.....LVX cresselia !so i think all the boxes are pre determined .. just makes it easier to get x's now :wink: