Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DumbleDONE?????

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
Heres the link - http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-***-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more

Here is one of the questions that a fan asked JK Rowling.
Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?

Joe's Response.
"My truthful answer to you... I always thought of Dumbledore as ***. Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald, and that that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extent? But, he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him. Yeah, that's how i always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying I knew a girl once, whose hair. I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's ***!" If I'd known it would make you so happy, I would have announced it years ago!"

I know it is a fictional character but still, he is a loved character by so many people. I don't mind if someone is *** or not but, I feel this was a bad move by JK Rowling. Not only has she dissapointed so many fans(I don't know why it would bother them but, in some other sites I have seen, people are just angry about this) but she has added, "more fuel to the fire. " Not only do so many religious people hate her books because of the satanic and god-like things and people in the books but, now she has introduced sexuality in the book. I think JK Rowling is a brilliant person who lacks common sense.
Also, this may have tarnished the look ofumbledore in the remaining movies, could this mean he is DumbleDONE?
discuss....

Not only do so many religious people hate her books because of the satanic and god-like things and people in the books but, now she has introduced sexuality in the book. I think JK Rowling is a brilliant person who lacks common sense.
Or she thinks people like that aren't worth trying to appeal to. Makes sense to me...

:meh: when reading the description of their relationship in book 7, i have to admit the 'what is she really saying here?' thought crossed my mind.

ultimately who cares though; are there really supposed to be no same-sex relationships in rowling's world, which is supposed to be a subset of our own?

the screaming should be amusing, though :p and why should it matter, for the movie? do you really think the actor is going to say 'omg no wai!11!' and decline to continue in the series because of this facet of the character?

'mom

ultimately who cares though; are there really supposed to be no same-sex relationships in rowling's world, which is supposed to be a subset of our own?

the screaming should be amusing, though :p and why should it matter, for the movie? do you really think the actor is going to say 'omg no wai!11!' and decline to continue in the series because of this facet of the character?

'mom
I feel that it wasn't needed to be said that Dumbledore was ***, Just my Opinion. In all Honesty, after I read it the 3rd time, I began to wonder if he was *** or not, it just sounded like he was obsessed with Grindelwald.

I know it will have no affect on me what-so-ever. I am still going to see the movies and think NO different of Dumbledore.

I think Rowling underestimates the power of fanfiction. Dumbledore/Grindelwald stuff already existed. This is probably only going to make more.

Gee, this just proves that one should not speak ill of the dead, even if the said character is fictional. :rolleyes:

Who cares?

Thousands of fanfic writers seeking validation for their slash fiction.

I'm not among them, mind you (I can't even be bothered, it seems, to finish my Pokémon slash), but there's nothing as smug as a fangirl when they learn that the pairing they've been shipping is suddenly canon.

I told my mom and she made a face. Then I told her JK meant Dumbledore liked Grindelwald and she said "Oh, I thought you meant for Harry."

I like HP. It's my favorite book series ever.

However, I still don't see why the orientation of ANY character matters this much.

I like HP. It's my favorite book series ever.

However, I still don't see why the orientation of ANY character matters this much.

A major character in THE biggest book series ever is outed and you dont see the "why"??? I think it is a huge step forward in the acceptance of a recognized minority in out world. Genetic research has shown that there has always been a homosexual trait in society, to the tune of about 4 to 7 %.

Keith

(The entire family enjoys the HP series....wife, myself and our 2 sons)

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that it doesn't matter to anyone else.

I told my mom and she made a face. Then I told her JK meant Dumbledore liked Grindelwald and she said "Oh, I thought you meant for Harry."

There's fanfiction for both, disturbingly enough. Rule 34 would state that there's fanfiction for both at once as well.

That is pretty interesting. Come to think of it, Dumbledore reminds me of Oscar Wilde. Eccentric, brilliant and captivating. I think its rather cool, I thought of Dumbledore as being a-sexual - not interested in sex per-se. But, if there was a bit of loved shared between him and Grindelwald - that's pretty interesting!!

You know that the psychoanalysists are going to jump on this and talk about how Dumbledore defeating Grindelwald for the DeathStick is... I just can't finish that sentence with a straight face....

Heres the link - http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-***-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more

I know it is a fictional character but still, he is a loved character by so many people. I don't mind if someone is *** or not but, I feel this was a bad move by JK Rowling. Not only has she dissapointed so many fans(I don't know why it would bother them but, in some other sites I have seen, people are just angry about this) but she has added, "more fuel to the fire. " Not only do so many religious people hate her books because of the satanic and god-like things and people in the books but, now she has introduced sexuality in the book. I think JK Rowling is a brilliant person who lacks common sense.
Also, this may have tarnished the look ofumbledore in the remaining movies, could this mean he is DumbleDONE?
discuss....

1- homosexual people doesnt deserve to be loved?
2- you do mind about people being *** or not and thats shown by the simple fact of posting this thread.
3- Rowling needs to keep the Potter-torch alive for a couple more years, even if it has to be done thru controversy.
4- I'm a loyal fan ever since the "stone" came out and I am nor disapponinted.
5- Again, marketing = $
6- Sexuality is present on every book, you should find a better term to define your though on that.
7- If laking of common sense means you can succeed on what you like and want, take it all away from me
8- Rowling doesn't care about movies as much as most of us think.
9- Good luck!:thumb:

1- homosexual people doesnt deserve to be loved?
2- you do mind about people being *** or not and thats shown by the simple fact of posting this thread.
3- Rowling needs to keep the Potter-torch alive for a couple more years, even if it has to be done thru controversy.
4- I'm a loyal fan ever since the "stone" came out and I am nor disapponinted.
5- Again, marketing = $
6- Sexuality is present on every book, you should find a better term to define your though on that.
7- If laking of common sense means you can succeed on what you like and want, take it all away from me
8- Rowling doesn't care about movies as much as most of us think.
9- Good luck!:thumb:

You know, the originator of these thread has a point. A great deal of fans, including ***/bi-sexual, are disappointed by Rowling's admission. What I can gather, they are disappointed because it was never made explicit in the story. So from that point of view, someone may argue that 'homosexuality' was purposefully written out of the book - erased if you will.

As an aspiring author, I would defend the move as being really unnecessary to the plot of Harry Potter. In the end, it was his journey. Her comments are akin to a director's comments on the extras portions of a DVD. It just fleshes out the character. Besides, there is enough sub-text in the book to put you on notice of Dumbledore's love for the man and his bitter disappointment at his fraud.

But yeah, J K Rowling does do some strange things. Like the graffiti bit.(But, I'm not even sure if that's true) - But its what makes her writing unique.

And I disagree with the idea that Rowling's comment was market driven too. She'd be selling books without the need to 'fan flames' if you will.

Back