Dustox Beautifly (massive speed) e-on

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by dld4a, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

This is my son's current deck and I can't figure out how to beat it . Its just too fast. Please help?!
    21 Poke'mon

4 Wurmple(signs of evolution)
    3 Cascoon
    2 Dustox (we only have 2 otherwise we'd go 3)
    3 Silcoon
    3 Beautifly
    3 Ledyba
    3 Ledian( just for the swift, may be changing this, not sure to what)

24 Trainers

4 Master ball
    3 Juggler
    4 Bill's maintenance
    4 Professor Oak's research
    3 TV reporter
    2 Mr. Brineys compensation
    2 Town Volunteers
    2 Low pressure systems

15 energys

15 Grass

We know that the basic poke'mon count (7) is low and he does mulligan often, but he has so much drawing power and the signs of evolution attack gets his stage 1's and 2's so fast , and now that your opponet only draws 1 card it really dosn't seem to hurt him that much. Please help me beat this deck. I'm thinking maybe a Furret/steel of some kind.

2. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

Specifically for this deck??? girafarig-gardevoir (or ex)-[RK9 or an exp char-line] based deck...... pile on the double hitters! and a coupla zangoose (no poison). Trainers to suit.

PS I like the ledian, pollen shield's cool, played it myself but needs water cover.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  3. nikePK

nikePK New Member

to beat this just max out on Desert Shaman and laugh when your son does Signs of evo. "Shaman" ooops. He'll have to keep wasting turns doing that attack instead of doing poison stuff. If its not faster than you, then the Dustox/B'fly just aren't that wonderful. They have low hp and not really powerful attacks. Scizor can really destroy something like this too.

4. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Thanks I am now playing a Desert Shamen(4), ancient ruins, Linoone(seek out). I run only 7 supporters and fast ball ( I only have the one evolution). This deck seems to be very fast. thanks again

5. DaHolyCow

DaHolyCow New Member

Better not run Linoone in case he does the same and uses Desert Shaman. You just wasted a turn! You could use Oracle and Delcatty though, as you could use the cards you need right away.

6. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Yea I'd like to but my son has claimed our only Delcatty's for his new deck. He has given up on Dustox, Beautifly and gone Gardevoir, he hasn't built it yet though so I don't know how i'll play it yet. I think I'll pretty much stay with what I have now, unless we can get some more Delcattys. Thanks for the ideas

7. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

Played with delcatty for the first time this w/end.....oooooh boy! talk about burning through your deck :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.