Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dutch Nationals 1st place masters :D

Treecko

Well, here’s my report:

After a few weeks of testing with MD, I think empoleon’s the most solid choice (I hate GG so I didn’t want to play it). The week before I tried a lot of different things, but in the last day I changed to aerodactyl, which helped me a lot. Too bad I took out lati-lock, it would’ve been useful with the decks that were around.
Not sure about which match I played when, but I remember the first one.

Round 1 vs. Anna S. (Empoleon/omastar)
First round immediately one of the better players :/
I start with helix fossil, some energy’s (call, yay) and a wager,
She starts and I attach call and wager, which I win but I draw only energy’s and candy’s so I just call. Next she plays a wager and then I get candy empoleon but no celio’s/bebe’s to get claydol. I just start spreading because she was using phione to evolve things.
After a few turs I get celio’s for claydol and she get’s setup too. We just spread a bit and all, but I take the lead. When I need one prize she plays omastar wager but I win again and draw a celio to get prinplup, and I kill her phione that had 30 damage for the last prize.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Maurice v/d B. (GG/Dusknoir)
Well, I don’t get any energy for 3-4 turns and he gets T3 gallade or something so he just kills all of my pokemon.

1-1

Round 3 vs. Paul M. (Magnezone)
Well, I get a normal setup thanks to call energy, and I just start spreading.
I just don’t ko his pokemon so his scrambles won’t work and he can’t do really enough to kill my empoleons, so I win.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Ron S. (Blissey/weavile/darkrai)
I take the lead here thanks to a T2 empoleon and he can’t keep up when I keep koing his darkrai’s and all. When I got like 2 prizes left he sleeps me a few turns and I just don’t wake up lol. But in the end I still win.

3-1

Round 5 vs. Maurice M. (Garchomp)
He starts off with killing my baltoy T2 with his claydol and PP
But he plays Crystal Beach so no scramble :/
I have to give away a few prizes before I can start going, but then I just sweep away all of his garchomps, and he cant get energy on new gible’s fast enough because I kill them every time.

4-1

Round 6 vs. Lennard W. (Garchomp/togekiss)
I remember he had his togepi’s prized so he just had to attach manually. He did start with pachirisu so that sucks vs. my empoleon. But he can’t really get up a lot fast enough due to the togepi’s prized. After I omastar/wager him he got only some baltoy’s and gible’s without energy’s and he scoops.

5-1

Yay I’m in the top 16 :D

Top 16 vs. Ron S (Darkrai/Weavile/Blissey)
Game 1 is pretty close, I don’t remember a lot of this but I was pretty slow with setup. He gets time to build up a blissey with all the crap so he can 1HKO my empoleon’s.
It’s pretty hard to keep up but I scramble with empoleon like 2 times to Ko his blissey’s back.
In the end he got 1 prize and I had 2 left. I drop an omastar and dual splash for the win.
Game 2 I get a fast empoleon and kill everything he gets.

Top 8 vs. Kevin de M. (don’t know if i can say the deck)
This is one of the hardest matches of the day. Last year I played against Kevin in finals.
I don’t really remember a lot of this, but Game 1 I can’t really get up enough (that’s the stratey of the deck) and I just get all my pokemon killed.
Game 2 I’m faster and he can’t really keep up because I 1HKO his pokemon after a few dual splashes.
Game 3, Kevin starts without energy’s, however he does slow me down a bit. But I get setup anyway, and he still got no energy in turn 2/3 or something, then It’s pretty late when he gets energy, so I draw about 3 prizes and then time’s called.

Top 4 vs. Maurice v/d B. (GG/Dusknoir)
I start better now than in swiss (energy yay)
I get a fast empoleon and I kill some of his pokemon before he gets something up. He get’s a gallade when I got like 2 prizes but It already had 30 and I just put my bench full so I can OHKO the gallade. I get his claydol with my empo lv. X out of his 3 cards in hand and he can’t do anything after that.
Game 2 is a bit harder, because I got less time to build up things and he gets dusknoir out early. Don’t remember this a lot but it’s a close game and in the end it’s 1-1 in prizes. I just KO-ed a pachi that had 60 and I won.

Top 2 vs. Lia v B. (Empoleon but different from mine)
Well we don’t really play, I’m going with them to worlds anyway.

So I end up first, Lia 2nd, Also Jasper in seniors 1st and Jeanette 2nd

Props:
Empoleon
Aerodactyl
Lia
TO’s for the great tournament

Slops:
No energy
HELIX FOSSIL!!! (I started like 8 rounds with it :/ )
Gallade (as always)

Congratulation Arco!!!
Too strong for us!!!

But well, if you don't do at least T8 this year at Worlds you're definetely a n00b (LOL)

Congrats Arco, you really deserved to win again this year =D Aerodactyl probably was the better choice over Latilock or my Bronzong tech :p Best of luck in preparing for Worlds!

way to go arco.
i hope we play some more next season, i always enjoy playing you!
best of luck at worlds!

Back