Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

E-On Mullimew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrington388

If you've never heard of the Mullimew archetype, it's a very old archetype that surrounded using Mewtwo, some support cards, and tons of Energy in hopes of getting an opponent to deck by mulliganing. Since then, mulligan rules have made this archetype weaker, but I think I can make this work to a certain extent.

Pokémon (10)
3 Mewtwo (Expedition)
2 Mewtwo EX (EX: Ruby and Sapphire)
1 Wynaut (EX: Sandstorm)
2 Smoochum (Aquapolis)
1 Lunatone (EX: Sandstorm)
1 Solrock (EX: Sandstorm)

Trainers (15)
3 Hyper Potion (Skyridge)
3 Professor Birch (EX: Ruby and Sapphire)
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion (EX: Dragon)
3 Apricorn Forest (Aquapolis)
3 Psychic Cube 01 (Aquapolis)

Energy (35)
35 Psychic Energy

It's pretty straightforward. Since mulligans are a bit weaker, and your opponent's likely to get less than before to realize your mulligan strategy, this Mullimew has an attack strategy. This, unfortunately, meant putting in only 35 Energy instead of the 45 to 50 present in old Mullimew decks. Mewtwo EX can take Energy cards out of the discard pile, then Psyburn for 60. The non-ex Mewtwo can put a Pokémon to sleep and also use the old-fashioned Psychic strategy present in the original Mullimew. Smoochum, while flippy, can heavily damage opponents with heavy Energy while providing the Baby Rule protection. I personally hate the new-style Baby Pokémon from the Nintendo sets--I mean, c'mon, no baby rule makes these sitting ducks--but I threw a Wynaut in there anyway to help get your Pokémon out faster. Lunatone can make itself a Dark Pokémon to bust 'dem ghosts--with Solrock in play..

As for the Trainer mix, this was one deck where Hyper Potion was appropriate (I mean, with 35 Energy in the deck for a mulligan strategy, you can afford the 2-discard cost). Professor Birch is mainly for getting more Energy out of the deck (I mean, this is a Mullimew). Mr. Briney's Compassion can get your non-Mewtwo EX Pokémon out of trouble quick--especially Smoochum and Wynaut. Apricorn Forest is there to search if Wynaut's not there--you can even use it only once to get Wynaut, but make sure to have a backup handy if you ever lose it. As for Psychic Cube 01, it's for Wynaut to do damage and to confuse.

Any comments, fixes, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
have you tested this at all? I really don't think this can work at all.

Mulligan Mewtwo ran off of the fact that you could use "barrier" and prevent damage. NOBODY in this deck other than a CHANCE with Smoochum does this. Everything can be ko'd in one or two shots from blaziken, aggron, sceptile....... etc etc etc, pretty much any stage 1 or 2 that's played in this.

Sorry, but yeah, most people I know would only take a few cards off mulliganning until they had a decent hand rather than draw up their whole deck, so the plan is pretty flawed. A turn 2 mewtwo with Juggler is fine and dandy, but you have absolutely nothing to back it up, and the thing will get ko'd eventually, even with your 3 hyper potions.

Also, apricorn forest will simply help out your opponent as much as it'll help you... so its pretty useless. In fact, it'll probably hurt you more than it'll hurt them lol.

Sorry to kinda bash the thing, but I don't see this kind of deck working at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back