[e0n] Ampharos eX . VeRsi0n. 1.3

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ToysRUsKid, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Ahh, Dragons come, bring us some new viable tourney worthy decks :), here's one, and prolly the most popular. Ampharos EX, Very New Powerhouse :)

//NAME: aMpHy
    // Pokemon
    4 Mareep AQ
    2 Flaaffy EX
    2 Flaaffy DR
    3 Ampharos ex DR
    1 Ampharos EX
    3 Elekid SS
    2 Dunsparce SS
    2 Wynaut
    2 Wobbuffet
    // Energy
    7 Electric
    7 Psychic
    1 Warp Energy
    2 Cyclone Energy
    // Trainers
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Oracle
    3 Oran Berry
    2 PokéNav
    2 Pokemon Nurse
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Professor Birch
    2 Switch
    1 Fisherman
    1 Town Volunteers

One Amphy EX should hold you quite a while during the game, if a wobbuffet, rears it's ugly head out, bring out Flaffy or EXP. Ampharos, and you should be fine. Nav is for Stacking, Oracle gives you what you need, when you need it, nice combo with Birch :p.

Get amphy ex, running by turn 3, and have another one ready for battle by turn 7, 9 at latest. Only problems I see with this is Harinyama, Wobbuffet. I need to do some more playtesting with this though, so this is the first stages of this deck.

Fix/Bash/Praise, Whatever.

11/22 Update - Wow, Elekid + Wobbuffet = NICE, Wob gives you early big damage while you build up amphy ex for the finish. EMaZinG! lol. Added a 2nd Cyclone, Soo Useful :), I might go for a 3rd Possible :D I'm also gonna add what it plays and who it is played against :), hope ya'll don't mind

Currently: 4-1
    Games Played:
    Ampharos/Wobbuffet - Venusaur's - Win
    Aggron EX/Wailord/Furret - nikePK- Loss (Made Mistake ;x)
    Kingdra / Hariynam - YoungJohn06's
    Ampharos/Wobbuffet - YoungJohn 06's
    Hariynama/Mewtwo EX w/ Some Tech - Magnechu - Win
    ~TruK

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  2. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

You know I like it considering I helped sculpt it ;\ anyways dude I dont see why you play 3 exp amphy its overkill. Discarding ALL your energy is way too huge and amphy ex should be your winning card not the exp one Id go 3/1 Amphy EX/Amphy EXP cause its in there just to ohko kingdra, wob, and harimaya w/e right? you shouldnt focus your strat on it dude. Also I cant stress enough that nurse shouldnt be at 3 I mean its really situational imo you need the perfect setup for it all to work right and that just doesnt happen most of the time, Oran berry is always the consistant healing that you can rely on no matter what Id try to go 3 Oran / 2 nurse for some nice healing power ;\ anyways tell me over aim how the testing goes dude =D

3. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

ugh monkey =/ ... its 2 exp amphy, EX DR = ex Dragons,EX = Expedition, remember ;x..., remember, im still testing it, i donno if ill go back to 3-1, still testing so Bleh!, i agree on nurse though.. mmkay :).. testin is fun fun fun

4. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Wobbufet would also make sense for the amphy exp cause with 2 colors discarding 2 for 80 isnt horrible. Plus the fact you can search with wynaut and beat down most of your weaknesses with wobbers. it seems like a really good idea to try to me =)

5. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Finally Someone=/

I was thinking about adding the Ex Ampharos+Nurse combo but i was thinkin about it and saw it like this. If im gonna nurse then i need to have another Ampharos EX active which would cost me the three energy to retreat regardless. We really need Poke-Neo back guys cause some of this is ridiculous=/. Seriously tho dude just like in GodEvior Delcatty GIVES you the advantage and IMO is needed in this deck. It gives you the card advantage/whatever you need consistantly with Oracle. Its up to you but IMO Catty is needed.
    TheAnswer

6. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

I have to disagree with that. Gardy can be played 2 ways either swarm or big evol beater and with todays envirorment a turn 2 gardy ex then building a nice swarm on the bench is quite good. That version should not play delcatty. It just needs a massive draw and 4 rare candy =P (god truk will never forgive me) The big evol beater version should use a 2-2 line just so you can get a setup that is undeniably broken but at the loss of speed. with the current speed of the envirorment I think you need the added speed and have dropped delcatty from my list. (btw I have tested this deck a bunch considering its all I can really make =P)

7. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Well, for the boost, this is what i was thinking, yeah this is gonna be bleh, but okay... Nurse the Active 3 Lighting Amphy Ex, nurse, all gone, i should have at least 1 lighting on the bench, switch it to active and boost. but yeaah.

lol monkey, 4 rare candy, ill forgive u someday. lol

Answer, Yell at Brandon cuz he didn't pay for it ;/, Monkey said what i was gonna say about amphy/catty.

8. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

You have too much energy and there is absolutely no reason to play all that electric energy (which is harmful for Ampharos Ex's attack should you need it). You should also do something about the fighting weakness either through resistance or playing grass/psychic.

I would play the Ampharos like (but with 2/2 Ampharos) and then drop the Boosts (4 cards lost) and

(a) Remove Elekid and Dunspace (total 9) for 4/2 Wynaut/Wobbuffet and three other basics that can attack with electric or psychic energy (Zapdos would be good, but not three of them. Mewtwo EX may work too). Use the fact that you can use Ampharos' power to get electric energy on and off. Adjust energy to half each type.

(b) Remove Elekid (total 7) and get 2 each of Volbeat and Illumise as well as one Latios EX. The latter is mostly for fun, but it is a great cleaner once you can use Ampharos' power to keep going! Use the extra spaces for a low pressure system and another switch (essential to avoid using too much energy before nursing).

9. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

mozart- I dont play BAD cards =/ why would you even CONSIDER taking out the fueling for the ampharos? =/. Latios EX is Horrible in here =/ ...

Anywayz...

Updated to 1.3

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  10. nikePK

nikePK New Member

11. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Ok first things first, Mozart go home. Second, nice deck TRUK and i like the Wooby idea in here. This deck is really solid and should be a contender with the BIG 3 (GoDevoir, Blazy, Scepy). I would consider finding some room for a couple more Cyclone Energy for added disruption, other than that i thnk it is a great deck.

12. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Thanks Scizor, I appreciate it. Yes, Wynaut w/ Wobbbuffet = Awesome. I don't know about the additional cyclone until later on, until i get some more playtesting, but ppl don't wanna play :(

13. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Hey i was just messing around with the deck the other day and i thought why not pichu in here? I mean you could play Juggler, TV Reporter, Delcatty, maybe tweak the deck a little and you could go first turn juggler/tv reporter and if you played rare candy, a possible 2nd turn Amphy. With pichu you could be attaching 3 energy a turn with energy in the discard. Just a thought......

14. Scizor

Scizor New Member

One more thing i just remembered, why not Lightning Cube? It gives u a better chance against Aggron/ Scizor. You have resistance, but sometimes that might not be enough. Tech Lightning cube could be devasting.

15. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I would go 2/2 on the Amphy's...

16. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I say let'em. I mean Sparce only has 50 HP, so it is an easy prize with a heads on Amphy EX, and since alot of Pokes have a 1 retreat, can force them to place a damage counter jsut to be able to retreat thier Pokemon.

17. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Yeah jermy, its basically a free prize late game. If its up against something it can't ko late game (4 metaled whatever) then you can cyclone for something else, kabam, prize takin'. With 2 of these in here, that's like 2 prizes.

Its a good deck truk, but its hard to make Ampy ex bad lol. Good luck with it, as soon as I make another deck (not the dustox/bee... which beat ya on mostly luck yes, lol) that's good, I'll be sure to test vs. ya man.

18. psycodad

psycodad New Member

I am playing this deck similar to yours. I do not play catty here. Not that it doesn't work. It does. I prefer wobby. It protects against psy weak fighting pokes and gives you a chance (not much of a chance, but it is a better chance than w/o wobby) against Agron ex. I play 4 elekids and 2 electrabuzz along with 3 wobbys for support. I play 3 amphy ex and one amphy from expedition. I currently play 4 healing trainers (potion/oran/moo moo milk, etc..) but I may up it to 6. People ask me "Why buzz psycodad?" First, I like the name. Second, free healing of elekid due to elekids power. Third, you can attack the bench with it so it combos well with amphy's power. They attach an nrg to a 50 hp basic, take 10, an I kill it with buzz. Plus it's attack goes through resitance on benched pokes which will help against Flygon. Buzz' only downfall is it's only 60 hp. That is why I only play 2. I do not play Whynaut in this deck but I could see it working. I prefer to start with elekid and buzz. One last thing, I am sure you have seen this, you will be hard pressed to beat a metal deck or a electric resistant deck with amphy. My lame flygon/clarfairy deck is undefeated against this deck.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  19. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Scizor - Room is tight enough =/, so yeah ;x....
    Swampert- 3/1 is fine, i do not focus on the nurse/amphy combo that much, if i have to rely on it, it'll be late game. 2/2 isn't right imo.
    Germy ;x - ugh, it was the guy next door. :p, cyclone pwnz u btw.
    pk - you know my thoughts about that game.
    psycho- buzz isn't needed, its not worth 3 nrg, im still thinking of the best way to counter flygon, but, yeah ... ;x

20. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

If ya wanna beat Flygon add Zangoose! ...Oops... ...Shouldnta said that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.