EAST COAST (DC area) STADIUM CHALLENGE! July 17,`04 *COOL UPDATES & TORCHIC PROMO`S!*

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by Sensei, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

:pokeball: East Stadium Challenge! :pokeball:

Hey everyone, you`re all invited to the East Stadium Challenge! All players of all ages are welcome to join us for a fun day playing Pokemon. Come on over and have a blast and earn cool prizes, a cool promo, and even try for a free trip to World`s!!! These prizes are simply amazing as are the Door Prizes and all the fun events!!! We will also have the popular "Guess the Damage Counter Contest" where the lucky winner will win a Jirachi Wish Maker DVD (with promo!) as well as some more new totally fun events!!!!!

Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! Call the store at 301-881-3530 to pre-register and make sure you give your name, POP ID# (if you have one), your age and Date of Birth, and which event you are calling for (EC Stadium Challenge). If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.

So c`mon and have fun at THE BEST Stadium Challenge in the U.S.! Any questions,just ask! :)

`Sensei

DATE: Saturday July 17, 2004

TIME: Registration and Deck Checks 9:00 to 10:30 AM. Main tourney starts thereafter.

3 Research Court
    Rockville, MD 20850
    Hotel Phone: 800-228-5151 or 301-840- 0200
    Dream Wizards Phone: 301-881-3530

MAIN EVENT ENTRY FEE: $10

TOURNAMENT AND JUDGE INFO

Tournament Organizers: Michael Proch(`Sensei) and Laurel Chiat

Head Judge: Michael Proch

Age Group Judges

10- : Michael Herring (kasus)
    11-14: Brian Richards (Rainbow Richards)
    15+: Michael Martin (`Pokepop)

Judge/Staff:

• Jeff Reynolds (Feraligatr)
    • David Tuskey (totoro)
    • Javier Sanyer
    • Randy Curry (Hagrid23)
    • Phil Mckinney (GymLeaderPhil)
    • Heidi C. (?)
    • Wendy C. (my awesome event assistant)
    • Chris (Dream Wizards)
    • Mike (Dream Wizards)

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 16 players in each of three age categories. Our age categories are; 10 and under, 11-14 and 15 and up

All participants receive a Stadium Challenge Promo Card just for entering!

Top sixteen finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
    • An Invite to the World Championships in August, 2004
    • A Travel award for you and a guest to the 2004 World Championships. Click here for details about Travel awards.
    • A combination of 72 booster packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series
    • A Stage Two VIP Package, containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
    • A Travel award for you and a guest to the 2004 World Championships. Click here for details about Travel awards.
    • A combination of 44 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

3rd & 4th Place
    • A combination of 36 Booster Packs from Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

5th through 8th Place
    • A combination of 18 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

9th through 12th Place
    • A combination of 9 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

13th through 16th Place
    • A combination of 5 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

Each entrant receives a special to-be-named- Stadium Challenge promo card!

DOOR PRIZES

Door Prizes will be drawn at the end of the regulation rounds. Everyone will be given a ticket upon sign up and that will be used in the drawings.

TOP DOOR PRIZE: Gamecube Bundle pack (includes GC,
    Controller, Memory Card, Starfox Game, and Starfox Game Manual!)

• A Pokemon Coliseum game for GameCube!
    • 1 Box of TM vs. TA
    • 1 EX Series Value pack(3 packs) with the #020 Ludicolo Promo
    • A Pokemon Master Quest Tyrogue action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Kyogre action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Charizard and Cacne action figure set
    • A Pokemon Advanced Grovyle and Poochyena action figure set
    • A Pokemon Mighty Beanz 5 Bean set featuring Jesse of Team Rocket
    • A Red TCG small card binder
    • A "Premier Event" 4 card Pokemon collector frame w/ City,State,and Challenges Promos
    • A 4 pack of the Target Promos
    • Absol/Darkness Energy Holo combo
    • More may come!

CONTESTS!

*Note: all contest winners will be announced at the end of regulation rounds!

FUN CONTEST #1 : Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Jirachi Wish Maker DVD (with promo!). What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest for 10-!

Like to win 1 of 2 Gameboy Advance Video: Pokemon movie`s given out in this contest? 2 random winners will be chosen for the grand prizes (the videos). The pictures to be colored will be provided on site along with crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home!

FUN CONTEST #3 : Create-a-Card Contest!

Prizes awarded for : The most broken, the most playable, and the most original. It can be in "fake" card form or a picture you drew. Prizes will most likely be packs of cards!

SIDE EVENT INFO

Side events will be run on a continuous basis throughout the afternoon and evening, each time 8 players register. Formats will include booster drafts, theme deck tournaments and any other format upon request. Pokemon pack prizes will be awarded for all side events. There is a sanctioned Unlimited, Modified, and Limited tournament which means that the Promo Torchics are to be awarded at these events!

Note 1: Decklists will be required for the main event and checked beforehand. Blank copies available on site but you can also download one HERE by clicking on "Deck Registration Sheet" (Not the DCI one).- A big thanx to Marril2k for giving us permission.

Disclaimer: All info subject to change! :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTEL INFO

Location: Quality Suites Hotel - Shady Grove: 3 Research Court, Rockville MD 20850.
    Hotel Phone: 800-228-5151 or 301-840-0200
    There is plenty of free parking available on-site. The hotel provides free shuttle service for guests to and from Metro (subway transit to Washington DC). Taxi service is also available from the metro. This location features easy access to major Interstates from all directions.

Hotel Contact: Please ask for the "Pokemon Stadium Challenge Hotel Rate".
    The Quality Suites Hotel is a very attractive Atrium-style hotel that features well-priced suites. One and two-room suites ($89/$79) include a full hot breakfast buffet. The Sleep Inn, next door, is offering a budget rate ($59) for our event, and includes a continental breakfast.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
  2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Sorry Sensei, I didn't mean to force the post -

I just know for big events like these we promote early and often!!!

So I guess mine was the 1st fully approved >_<

Yeah, yeah, will be glad if you can hook the 17th, as 3 different weekends would be WOOT for these 3 events, and the sikos, read firefighters, that will try to go to all 3

Wish you nothing but the best!!!

PM me so we can coordinate some ideas, I am doing the same with the West PTO, to try to make these uniform as much as possible, and each equally elite.

Talk with you soon.

M45

3. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

M45 I guess that means the West PTO should post something also ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  4. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Perhaps a "North" also?

5. rody1202

rody1202 New Member

PLEASE.... PLEASE... PLEASE... make it the 10th!!! We can make the 10th and NOT the 17th.... We really want to be there... Whoohoo!!!!

6. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

I only heard of there being 3.

7. Gym Leader Blaine

4 if you count Nationals which is at Origans, and I guess you could say that it might count as the North Stadium.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  8. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Not exactly. Nationals is a national competition that is part of the city->state-> national chain of events. Stadium challenges are regional competitions. Also:

Should that be for each age group?

The point is there are fundamental differences between Stadiums and Nationals.

9. Gym Leader Blaine

That is ture, but I am just saying that is one way to look at it. That Nationals could be looked at as the regional tournament for the North. :cool:

10. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Sensei if you need any help please let me know (email me at jockeyridge@yahoo.com). We are planning on attending.

11. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Way to go Sensei...

You snagged on of the few Elite Stadium challenges....

I sure would like to hear some more details about a West Coast event......

12. Sensei

M45: Hey,no problem.I agree to get it out as soon as possible but I was waiting to have all the info before I posted.I think that this post is a good idea though to get the word out early so people can start to plan accordingly and have something to work with. Oh,we had known for a few weeks that we were approved but was waiting as I mentioned.:D

Also,it would be a great idea to have them 3 separate weekends.We all know how some of us love to travel to these events and I`m sure we`ll be seeing some of the same people at all 3 events if we do that(I helped out at the last SC`s when WotC had it except for the SD one which I couldn`t make due to commitments).Alot of people have a great love for this game and it`s really one big family.

I`ll pm you soon.

Rody: I really hope you guys and gals can make it but it looks like the 17th will be the best bet.I`ll let you know for certain when it`s finalized.Maybe you can squeeze a day away if it`s the 17th? ;)

Feraligatr:I`ll definately keep that in mind!If I need more help/staff,you`ll be the first I`ll ask!

Yoshi:It`s not exactly the same but they are "technically" including Nationals as the "North".

`Sensei

13. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sensei: Need some help? :D

14. I am shocked that after all these years they arent deciding on secaucus,NJ for the East Coast Stadium challenge. i guess nintendo is really looking to go into new areas and seeing what will happen. I hope i can get out to rockville maryland. If i can it would be ncie to see everyone again. I guess well see what the finalized locations will be.
    To my seeing Arlington is the only confirmed challenge to date.

15. rody1202

rody1202 New Member

I wish 7/17 was possible... but it isn't... if it turns out to be the 17th, we'll just have to miss it :-( Vacation payments have alreeady been paid... such is life... we had to pick dates a long time ago and we took our chances... :-( Maybe... my hope with come through and it'll be the 10th!!!! hahahahahahahaha.....

16. Gym Leader Blaine

Yep, they are the only one that has a confirmed locatoins. Im sure the other two will be done by the first of next week.

17. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Many folks here might not know that the Co-Organizer on this, Laurel (owner of Dream Wizards in Rockville) is also the PTO (if they call them that) on the Grand Prix - Washington, D.C.!!! She has organized this 3-day event which takes place in the Dulles Expo Center!!! :clap:

With this star-studded Organization Team (Mike and Laurel), you can expect a first-class event!

Yours-truly will be one of the judges for the day...natch.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces (and some 'Gym members) on the 17th of July. :thumb:

18. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

Although I see the point of having the stadiums all across the country to include more players to win invites to an event such as Worlds, I do not agree it is fair at all.

You cannot just "assume" or "incorporate" Nationals as the "Northern Stadium Challenge." Even though there are invites to the winners.

Nationals is the final step that began with the City Championships. And last weekend begun the first of the State Championships. So, obviously, you are encouraging players from all over the country to come to Nationals because of the City and State Championships, right?

I have no problem with "incorporating" the North's Stadium Challenge at Origins, however make a SEPERATE TOURNAMENT from the National Championship.

So, here are my thoughts.

1. You cannot make an ALREADY NATIONALIZED AND PUBLICIZED venture into something else.
    2. Make a SEPERATE tournament during the same weekend (which is already impossible do to time and other registration issues)

The North has always had quite a large impact on this game. I, and other players from the Northern states probably will not be happy with this. But wait, I'm only "complaining," right?

~Jim Ferrell

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  19. Sensei

`Pop: Already had you figured in.

RR: Yep.Thanx! :)

Jim: Hey,we have 3 SC events already which is what we had with WotC and now we have an "extra" one at Nationals in the North.Who cares what it`s called,end result is the same and it`s right in your backyard! :)

20. 3 days??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Whoa that is intense. I have never seen a 3 day stadium challenge. I thought it was a 1 day event in which it was a full day tournmant to determine a stadium challeng champion. God i cant wait to see what nintendo says about the stadium challenges they have planned. :D :D :D