Eevee can't evolve that fast anymore?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by GOROY, Sep 12, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. GOROY

GOROY New Member

How do we use Energy Evolution Eevee if he can't evolve first turn?
    Do we put the evolution card in our hands?

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

We ban eeveelution???

But seriously I have absolutely no idea. Attach energy, flip, get heads, PANIC. J U D G E !!!!

JUDGE!!!

Judge? come back Judge where are you going?

3. dkates

dkates New Member

Easy way is to say the Power can't trigger at all first turn of the game -- no flip in the first place. I'm beginning to think that broadening the first-turn evolution rule was a bad idea.

4. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

It's easy to rule on this actually. Here's how it works:

A player starts the game with Eevee - attaches an energy their first turn of the game - flips and gets heads - their Opponent says you can't evolve first turn - they disagree and call a Judge - The Judge rules, explaining that a basic principle of the game is that nothing evolves the first turn of a game (this came from Japan BTW) and this overrides the Pokemon Power - there is no search for a card, Eevee doesn't evolve and they play on.

BDS

5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Thanks Judge BDS ;) and congratulations to both players for being so sporting about the decision. I didn't hear anyone argue at all.

I guess its safe to come back into the room again..isn't it?

6. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

A Pokemon Player argue? Surely you jest sir! :eek:

BDS :lol:

7. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Gymbo. Where is Gymbo?

Is that why its so QUIET in here?

lol

Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  8. adrianmew2

adrianmew2 New Member

and, what about the eevee of sandstorm? :confused:

9. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

What about it? It doesn't evolve - it's attack lets you pull 3 eeveelutions from your deck and put them into your hand. Turn over. Evolve one next turn.

10. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

Actually, Discovery Eevee can evolve first turn. It says so in the rulings section of pokebeach.

11. dkates

dkates New Member

Rules have changed. Pokebeach is probably not current anymore, nor were they ever official.

12. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

pokebeach's rulings aren't on that site there on team compendium and I never heard of that rule change anyway..when did they change it?

13. dkates

dkates New Member

It's in Nintendo's rulings.

14. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

ok..thanks for clearing that up.

15. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Check our new "Ask the Master Trainers" forum.
    New rulings from Pokemon USA, hot off the griddle and ready to eat.

The new rulings will be updated in the Compendium, as always.

16. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Chews on new rulings...

ugh this one is sour and has HAIRs on it! Waiter! Waiter! There's a Weedle in my Soup.

seriously though there has always been a less than perfect understanding of the rules by all of us players. That goes for us Judges too. Its why many of us PLUG THE COMPENDIUM WEBSITE and use it during tournaments. Along with the DCI pages from WotC, though usage of that resource is now slightly problematic as Nintendo (PUI) are doing things there own way.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  17. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

If only they would mention these little bits on the cards (like whether Energy-Evolution Eevee can evolve first turn or not), then there would be no need for all this. :p

18. dkates

dkates New Member

Thing is, when they were printed, they could. Now they can't. The rules changed on them.

19. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

What about the old (and long banned) Erika's Clafairy. I believe the rare one, its attack was flip a coin, if head search you deck for an evolution and attach it to that Pokemon. It stll happens on first turn, but you woulndt be able to actually use it yet (with exceptions of power like Dactyl, or Slowking). So know that attack is useless first turn?

Ok, sorry, uncommon one from the Challenge set, but still its a 1C attack, and you cant use it first turn.... that reeks.....

20. dkates

dkates New Member

Sure does. A lot of Pokemon got a severe power-down with this extension of the evolution rules.