eevee deck ftw.

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by piggy, May 31, 2008.

1. piggy

piggy New Member

so i am making an eevee deck, so far 4 eevee's 2 leaf guard leafeons, 2 glacions and an espion, and leafeon lvl x. minun and plusle... pretty much need to know what other pokemon i should use, few need to have trainers too... and if i spell any of this wrong its cause i dont have spelling memoriesed cause im lazy

2. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

You'll need to post an exact 60 card list and a strategy or else this will get locked, sorry.

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

My list:

Pokemon (20):

Glaceon Lv.X x2
    Glaceon x2
    Leafeon Lv.X x2
    Leafeon x2
    Espeon x2
    Umbreon x1
    Vaporeon x1
    Eevee x4
    Claydol x2
    Baltoy x2

Trainers (24):

Ceilio's Network x4
    Roseanne's Research x3
    Professor Oak's Visit x4
    Team Galactic's Wager x2
    Lake Boundary x2
    Crystal Beach x3
    Scott x1
    Night Maintenance x1
    Time-Space Disortion x2
    Premier Ball x2

Energy (16):

Water x7
    Grass x4
    Psychic x3
    Dark x2

Modify to your own personal prefrences.

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Glaceon and Leafeon want their own decks built around them, so I think your best bet would be to pick one and then pick something else to go with it. For example, Leafeon partners well with Sceptile or Blissey. Glaceon seems to work OK with Empoleon.

5. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

Personally, I wouldn't run an eeveelutions deck, as it has many flaws that should be obvious that I don't feel like explaining. In my opinion, eevees can only work if you choose either Glaceon or Leafeon, and make a deck based off of your respective selection. However, if you really do feel the need to play eevees, then I'll give you somewhere to start.

I would run 3 Leaf Guard Leafon, with 1 LvX Leafeon, as running 2-2 just seems slilly to me. The Leafeon that heals is not better than Leaf Guard due to Leaf Guard actually helping make up for an eevee flaw, the lack of HP. As for Glaceons, I ran 2 Speed Slide, 1 Icy Wind, and 1 LvX. Speed slide is necessary for fighting of grass pokes, but the occasional sleep is also great and worthy of decking. Again, 2-2 of this seems even crazier then 2-2 of Leafeon.

As for techs, Espeon should always be in the deck as a 1-of, as it helps with the low HO flaw I mentioned earlier, and as far as I can tell, it's a crucial flaw, and needs undone. Unless you specifically fear Garchomp, Umbreon is only really good for getting LvX's out, which isn't vital because once a LvX is active, it's normally the best option for attacking, so you would normally want it to stay up. Jolteon is the only other eevee I would suggest running, as it's a secondry attacker swinging for 80 with a DRE, it smashes a lot of water pokemon, which are gaining popularity, and it's resistant to metal, Glaceon's weakness. I wouldn;t say Jolton is needed, but I recomend him.

As for secondary lines, a 2-2 of Claydol is obvious. With so much versatility, you need a way to pull what you need, another of the eevee flaws. Claydol draws several cards each turn, so this weakness is dies down slightly with the usage of Claydol. An Unown Q should be used if you start out with a Baltoy, or if you don't have space for Umbreon at the time (most of the time) to give some pokemon free retreat.