Eevirelutions

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by master of puppets, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

POKEMON: 26
    4 Pachirisu

3 Elekid
    4 Electabuzz df
    2 Electivire dp
    2 Electivire sw

3 Eevee
    2 Leafeon
    2 Leafeon lv x
    1 Umbreon
    1 Espeon

1 Skitty
    1 Delcatty

TRAINERS:19
    3 Roseanne
    4 Celio
    2 Holon Mentor
    4 Tvr
    1 Copycat
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Pluspower/Strength Charm
    1 Warp Point

ENERGY:15
    9 Electric
    2 Multi
    2 Grass
    2 DRE

Strategy- Start with Pachirisu and set up a couple of Power of Evo Buzz's and a Claydol.
    get a Leafeon Lv. X ready and back on the bench then use its power along with the Vire combo to get 1-3 extra energies out per turn.
    have DP Vire up and attacking while using Leafeon Lv. X and SW Vires to keep energy coming to do 120 every turn.
    with all the energy in play Leafeon's attack would also work very well.
    As would SW Vire's.

I am not sure if I really even need a starter, the claydol line, or 2 Leafeons.
    but then again I am considering finding room for a 4th Eevee, Glaceon (mag match up), more elekid, or another Claydol.

I think the most help this deck needs is in the trainer line, seeing as how I thought of this idea fairly quickly and just wanted to get it posted. Pokemon lines seem a bit clunky as well.

this deck deals with energy manipulation, and that is BY FAR my favorite playstyle, so I would really like to get this idea to work.
    it seems like it would in concept, but of course most decks do.

Thanks for reading, Coments and Help will be very appreciated.
    so if you see any problems I would encounter, please, let me know.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

interesting deck Andrew. I think the 1-1 Claydol is enough. I think that you should play Holon Mentor, you can discard some :lightning energy for it, Motor Driving it back, and then you can not play Pachi to fit in a 1-1 Glaceon and 2 Elekid. JMO, nice looking deck

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  3. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Use x1 Plus Power and x1 Stregth Charm.

4. master of puppets

Why thank you Eathen, I too thought it was a very interesting idea, now I am acctually looking forward to the new set. haha.
    I didnt quite understand what you ment when you said "I think the 1-1 Claydol". did you mean I should leave it in or take it out?
    and about the Pachirisu, it would give me more room, but I really like the idea of being able to set up clyadol and buzz on the second turn very easily.
    but on the other hand, I'm really not sure if it needs a starter, haha.
    I will definitely tinker with that when the pack comes out.

Flygon999- I really dont think it makes much of a diference what the combo of them is, just as long as its not two strength charms, but I do really appreciate your imput.

Thank you both.

5. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

You could use x1 Jolteon just because you have a lot of lightning energys.

6. master of puppets

I had thought about that, but it just seemed a little redundant to me.
    It takes longer to power up than the Vires because I cant move energy to it whenever I want and it does less damage. It does have the ability to paralyze though, which is nice.
    The reason I have the Umbreon and Espeon in there to help the PLOX/G&G matchup more than to help Leafeon, my secondary attacker. Although the free retreat does make leveling up much easier.

7. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

1 Jolteon wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I just edited my previous post. I meant to say the 1-1 Claydol is enough. However it just depends on what you decide to do. If you put in the Jolteon you will have to sacrifce either 1 Elekid or the Glaceon or Glaceon Lv.X. Make your choice, lest you find room to fit all of this in, and i really don't think this starter needs a deck, Elekid/Eevee starts won't be bad for this deck.

8. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

Take out 2 Rossennes Research SInce you already have 4 Pachirirus. And add in 1 pluspowers or strength charms. Because of the 130 hp pokemon. Add in a 4th tv reporter or felicitys drawing. Because thats your only discarding power early in the game. Also you got to think about how badly crystal beach will hurt. And you also need 2 more elekids because thats the only way you can only move energies around well maybe 1 at least if ones prized it could screw your plan/ strategy.

Nice Deck and i hope more original decks come out like this. GL with this deck.!!

9. master of puppets

Again, I just see the Jolteon as a bit of the same thing as Vire, but not as good and takes longer to power up.
    Not that I dont trust your opinion Eathen, I would like to have more peoples takes on whether I need a starter or not.
    Its good that I can get set up faster, but it would also free up some space (as I have said before).

And empoleonperson, I have the four roseannes so that I can grab my Buzz's faster and maybe even get one out 1st turn (if I'm going second), because Pachirisu cant evolve them.
    But then again if i do have Claydol up and running I shouldnt have a problem drawing into my Buzz and the like.
    I dont see how Crystal Beach really hurts me.
    Sure I cant use my DRE, but if I am set up I really wont need them, seeing as how I can just use Leafeons power with two motor drive and attach an energy for the turn.
    I'm with you on the fact that 1 or more elekid could help though in case 1 is prized, that would cause problems.
    And thanks for the compliment!

So maybe I should play Lunatone/Solrock?
    That would give me more discard power and let me draw a card, so that might be a worthy investment.
    it would take up a lot of bench space though...
    And maybe some form of energy that could count as something other than Electric so that I dont have to discard all of my energy every time I attack with Vire.

Keep the ideas comin' people!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  10. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Just remember that Leafeon doesn't help with Electivire's Discharge, however, it may help with DP Electivire's Giga Impact if you have 3 :lightning energy attached to it. I think that this deck is good, and you just ought to do whatever you feel needs to be done

11. master of puppets

I dont understand the point youre trying to make Eathen, Haha!
    Are you telling me that Leafeon wont help to power up the SW Vire, and it will only kind of help to power up the DP one?
    If so I'm going to have to say quite the contrary.
    If I am attacking with the DP one I can use up to two Motor Drive powers then move those energy's to DP Vire, then I can use Leafeon for another energy, then attach for my turn.
    I can do basicly the same with the SW Vire, but I can only Motor Drive to it once, however I would still be able to attack with it.

I might need a couple more basic electric energy and maybe a dark and/or psychic for Esp/Umbreon and so I only have to discard 3 energy when using DP Vire insteed of all 4, thus giving me another place to put an energy that turn...
    Where art thou, Holon's Magnemite?

12. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I think you should add in 2 Scrambles or 1 Scramble and 1 Lightning.

13. jkwarrior

jkwarrior New Member

Correct me if i'm wrong. Pachi can't get elekid with cff.

14. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

^why????
    its still a basic

15. master of puppets

yea its still a basic.

16. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

You could use x1 Electabuzz from DP or SW just because it has better attacks than the DF one. And there are only x2 Elekids in the deck. I don't think that it would hurt.

17. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

The reason he uses the buzz from df is because of the power. It lets you draw a card from the bottom of the deck which really helps.

I really like this idea. I also think that a mentor or two would be useful if you decide not to use a starter, but other than that, it looks pretty solid.

18. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I'm just saying that Leafeon attaches :grass: energy for it's power, making it so you can't discard them for Giga Impact or Discharge, which for Vire's, Discard=Damage

Just to LYK

However, i do see the point you are making with Giga Impact, which is what i said in my Previous Post.

19. master of puppets

Pokebeach says that it can be any energy card.
    Not just grass.
    You made me double check, because if it didnt I would have pooped my pants!
    So, unless the spoiler is wrong, I can attach electric energy to my Vire's with it.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

oh, and I'm thinking about taking Flygon999's advice and playing 1 or two scrambles.
    If I am losing they can bring me back very quickly as I could power a DP Vire up in one turn if I am low on resources but still have 1 Leafeon or SW Vire, and if I'm winning they count as a colorless energy, and having that attached to Vire means I only have to discard 3 energy insteed of 4.
    I am also thinking of playing 2-4 grass energy so I have a better chance of attacking with Leafeon if I need to and so I, again, dont have to discard all 4 energy with Vire

so and energy line something like this?
    3 Multi
    2 Grass
    8 Electric
    2 Scramble

although the DRE could be helpful in some situations, I'm not completely sure I need it.
    Thoughts on the energy line people?
    If I take out the Pachi's that would give me 1 or 2 more spaces twoards energy.

And thanks Kabutops141, yea I had planned on Mentor's. I might put in 1 or 2 in place of Roseanne even if i keep the Pachirisus.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  20. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

OH OK! So the Leafeon is any energy. Nevermind, that makes this deck look a HECK of alot better now, lol. I don't know if there is much change you want to make, other than the fact that i think you should play Mentor, so then you can take out the Pachirisu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.