Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

El Segundo CC: Thanks and Results Upload Problems.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Thanks to everyone who came to the event. There were no problems (SOP for the SoCal crowd), some new players and a good time for all...

Just wanted to let you know that the results will be uploaded as soon as the upload page is fixed. I've been getting an error every time I upload the TRN file (which has the tourney results). I wrote POP on Tuesday, March 21.

========+++++++++++++

We are up on the locator and more info is up at http://www.cary.cx/2CG/ .

Directions are given in my post from Mar 19; see below.

Note: Team Magma vs. Team Aqua cards are NOT allowed at this event.
If you have these cards in your deck after we begin play, at a minimum the penalty will be having a basic energy substituted for them in your deck. For clarity, we will not even allow Team Magma vs. Team Aqua reprints of prior cards (for example, Warp Point - you can use any Warp Point, except the one from Team Magma vs. Team Aqua).

Last edited:
OK... well, unfortunatly I won't be able to make it. But I have added you to the list on The Labs

Hope you guys a have good turnout. Especially since it will be at the same time as SD.

GreatFox said:
OK... well, unfortunatly I won't be able to make it. But I have added you to the list on The Labs

Hope you guys a have good turnout. Especially since it will be at the same time as SD.

Thanks for adding the link. I think we'll have a good turnout.

There were like 6/61 at the SD Prerel from L.A. last week. So, I don't think the two are going to affect each other. I expect Karl to have another monster turnout in SD along with prolly the biggest ever turnout at the Library.

I already have people calling my house from flyers we've put out at Target and Third Planet. Just another opportunity for the L.A. & North Orange County. folks, as well as the locals, to have another chance at a CC, so if you're reading this, plan to come out!

Maverick Hunter Zero said:
Well, he's respectful. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Anyway, I'll try to be there, and I'll bring Jim with me. We just need to find a ride.

If you get jammed for a ride, call me and let me see what I can help arrange. My phone is alive again. If anyone can help give rides from OC or points East & North, PM me and I'll put you in touch with some copasetic riders & a free promo or two if you bring someone that isn't your normal crew (that I hook you up with).

Last edited:
Water Pokemon Master said:
I'm planning on coming.

Great! Will you bring your camera if you can? I think I'm going to be too busy w/ TO to take many pictures.

[If anyone else cares to bring a digicam and can share photos after the event, it will be appreciated, too.]

Last edited:
Sure, I'll bring it. I just am not postive if I am coming yet, since my parents do sometimes punish me an hour before I go places, but I am sure I'll make it.

I'll be there and I'll bring my old clunker laptop for TMS backup support (make sure you use v1.6, if you can).

See ya,
- CHRISBO

OK, for the new people and those who just want a fun battle ... we're having a deck fix at 7pm Friday. Meet us at

Blue Butterfly Coffee Co. 351 Main St.

bring your deck or whatever you have to make it up with. We'll help you put it together and can loan some commons/uncommons.

Map to Blue Butterfly

Water Pokemon Master said:
Wow, that sounds fun. I am going to try to go to that too.
waterpokemon master maybe i am the kid who was sitting in front of you with glasses name steven. mr. cary we are meeting at the bb this friday may i get a ride there.

Last edited:
OK, folks, we're excited! We've heard from lots of folks on email and locally that they are coming to our El Segundo City Championship tournament (Saturday, March 20).

Here are the directions to our tourney...it is near the LA International Airport:

From nearby and the West:

Land your plane at LAX, or dock your boat at Marina del Rey or King Harbor. Then, come to:

• Sepulveda (Highway 1) and Imperial Blvd.
  • Mariposa Avenue is 5 blocks south of Imperial Blvd.
  • Turn WEST between the Union76 and the Hacienda Hotel.
  • Go through about 1 mile of residential neighborhood and cross Main Street.
  • The library is in the big park, 111 W. Mariposa.
  • Park in front of the library or in the lot across the street.
  • Enter and go QUIETLY downstairs to the Matsui Room.

From distant points East, South & North:

• Take your most convenient freeway to the 105 Freeway WEST.
  • Go almost to the end and exit on Sepulveda SOUTH.
  • [Be careful, traffic stops or cars drive crazy here trying to go north to LAX].
  • You will be deposited under the overpass right on Sepulveda at Imperial, going in the right direction.
  • Follow the instructions for 'nearby' above.

See you there 9:30-10:00 for registration and may the best trainers win! :D

bulbasnore said:
We are up on the locator and more info is up at http://www.cary.cx/2CG/ .

Congratulations to our City Champions:

John Justiniano (15-up) and Sean Bartlett (11-14).

Many thanks to all our players who made it a successful event. I would also like to thank our judges, Chrisbo & Prof. Warbuzz and my assistant and Foutain Valley/Riverside City Champ Aaron B.

Look for pictures on the above site in a few days.

bulbasnore said:
Thanks to everyone who came to the event. There were no problems (SOP for the SoCal crowd), some new players and a good time for all...

Just wanted to let you know that the results will be uploaded as soon as the upload page is fixed. I've been getting an error every time I upload the TRN file (which has the tourney results). I wrote POP on Tuesday, March 21.

========+++++++++++++

Folks, sorry to say, no response to 3 emails about the TRN file. I succeeded in uploading something... but am not sure it 'took' and I'm in doubt as to whether the scores were updated. It went up last Thursday... could someone check to make sure 04-03-000217 is in your results.

Hey, Matt, you're hip to these things... oh wait, you decided to take your Calculus Final Exam instead.
Um, Jesse? Oh wait, you already won in Bakersfield.

Hey, don't make me get Mrs. Bulbasnore to find her password and log in!

Seriously, check your rankings and profile info for this tourney and post your angry/happy responses right in this thread.

Back