Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electabuzz or Scyther

Ace28

Hey, I thought its been a while since I've seen some old school card comparing. I just wanted to see what some people favored more and so I could see what there type of playing style is.

Scyther is a little slower, especially without DCE. I personally like Electabuzz, it's faster and does more damage for fewer enegies.

Spectreon said:
Scyther
-Fits in every deck
-capable of doing more damage turn 2
-free retreat
- no self inflicted damage

Same here, for basically the same reasons. Resistance is always nice too.

Okay cool. Nice debating. I have to say that in my opinion Scyther wins by a notch becuz it is more splashable, has resist, and 0 retreat.

Not sure about which is better but the two together make a great team. More chance of exploiting an opponents weakness by playing both ;)

wow thats the biggest bump I can ever remember.

Someone has been catching up on the old posts!

BTW psydon.. Its not a good idea to bump really old threads it upsets lots of people and is probably bad for bandwidth. i believe the recommeded practice is to start your own topic if you really want to bring up something very old.

LOL two major bumps in 2 days...

Scther, attach fighting, Pass.
Next Turn draw, attch Double Colorless, and Cut or whatever.. KO

I actually perfer Rockets Sycther, Blinding Scyther... YOU MISS LOL.

Although Electabuzz was extremly broken.
PRLZ and then KO was God back in the Day, and Scyther does have weekness to Electabuzz.
Plus when NEO came out Electubuzz got a Baby couter part with an awesome power... Heads 20 to that weakened PKMN back there for the KO.

En Th E nd it is a Tie!

Mew said:
and Scyther does have weekness to Electabuzz.

Uh, no. Scyther had weakness to Ponyta and Magmar.

In my opinion, [del]which is obviously so much better than everyone else's[/del], not having a retreat cost is, and always has been, vastly underrated. Being able to negate poison or confusion (with a flip, back in the day, but you could retreat more than once a turn too) or Smokescreen with no energy discard was really nice.

That's what made Neo Dunsparce playable. :thumb:

Scyther put an end to Hitmonchan's popularity back in the day, which caused the rise of Wigglytuff.

Scyther is better than Electabuzz, although both were amazing for their time.

well even though they both have the same HP i still say electabuzz can give them a run for their money and scyther takes 3 energies to do a slash attack for 30 unless you suprise your opponent but if you use a trainer that forces scyther to switch, the swords dance effect will wear off and now what are you going to do. I have to say i like electabuzz even though he has a retreat cost of 1 which i hardly ever retreat very much anyways and 40 damge for the 2nd attack is alot for a basic with 2 energies.

Syther = bug with blades on his hands

Electrobuzz = mutated Pikachu thing

They both suck end of story metagross pwns them both

Back