Electicario 0.5 HELP!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Electipwner, Jan 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electipwner

Electipwner New Member

Hi!

Okay, using both Arceus999’s help and looking back at other people’s Electivire decks, this is what I’ve come up with. Its still a rough draft so please be critical!

Electicario Deck V 0.5

Pokemon:

1 Elekid DP
    3 Elecatabuzz DP
    1 Electabuzz SW
    3 Electivire SW
    1 Electivire DP
    3 Rilou
    3 Lucario
    1 Lucario lv X
    2 Smeargle SW
    2 Stantler SW

Trainers:

1 Celio’s Network
    3 Bebe’s
    2 Dusk Balls
    4 TGW
    4 Master Ball
    3 Mr. Stones Project
    2 Prof. Birch
    3 Pokenav
    2 PokeDex

Energy:
    11 Electric
    5 Fighting

I modified it to include DP Elctivire to abuse the Motor Drive/Intense Voltage power so heres an example of how you could play it:

T1: Start with Smeargle if possible with 1 Electabuzz on the bench, use color pick
    T2: Use any search cards available to get SW Electivire+ Elekid, Start charging up Electivire SW.
    T3 Get Electivire DP, evolve Elekid into Electabuzz attach one more energy to Electivire SW
    T4 Evolve Electabuzz into DP Electivire attach Fighting energy to prevent all energy from being discarded STOP! This is where I have problems: How do you get Smeargle out without wasting energy? Warp point? Switch? I was using switch but I needed trainer space. Warp energy is still a problem and Warp Point allows the opponent to switch out their Pokes, potentially resulting in Empoleon/Gallade/Gardevoir/Leafeon/Garchomp long before I’m ready! I also need this switching power for Elecctivire because of the large retreat cost.

Okay, here are my questions/concerns:

What should I start with?
    How do I make it faster?
    Should I get DF Elekid/Electabuzz? It helps with Empecario but weakens it against Gallantry type decks.
    How should I switch Pokemon?
    Should I add Another DP Elec. Or Lv. X? (Niether of which I have :nonono:)
    How do I make it work against Gardy decks?

Thanks 4 any help you can give!

~Electipwner

P.S. I have to order some of the cards on the list and I’m planning on using stop2shop.com right now to order them, does anybody know of sites that sell cheaper single cards?

2. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

Well first off Lucario doesn't combo with electivire at all.

3. yeah, take out lucario for Raichu SW ( i think thats the set... ) or blissey

find away to put in more elekid and use the DF electibuss so you can draw lots of cards

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh, and take out 2 SW eletcivire and put in 2 DP eletivire

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  4. Electipwner

Electipwner New Member

Okay, I looked at the MT Raichu and agree with that especially the free attack:thumb: But what about the glaring weakness to gallade which was one of my problems before? That was what lucario was supposed to help with...:nonono: What about Banette SW?:confused: Not too many energy required there so that might work. Suicide Ghost head is a bonus... I'll look more but I'm lost right now.

So leave 1 sw elec in and 3 dP? (Costly like $10 ea) im doing the DF electabuzz though!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  5. rerisenphoenix

rerisenphoenix New Member

So you countered a weakness to Gallade with a weakness to Gardevoir, the other half of that deck?!

6. Electipwner

Electipwner New Member

Yes, Lucario is weak to Gardevoir but Electivire is NOT! This deck is not weak to Gardevoir but is weak to Gallade with no protection. How do I fix this Problem? I cant possibly defeat gallade with DF electabuzz and Blissey is weak to fighting as well!

7. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

the Raichu/Vire matchup is about 50-50 vs Gallade according to most people. I would go in that direction if you want to continue playing electivire.

8. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

For that matter, how does lucario even stop a gallade? You do 40 to them, they do ko back. Not fun.

9. Electipwner

Electipwner New Member

Okay, I'm going with Raichu x2 and switching to DF Electabuzz. I can't afford to buy DP Electivire so I'll have to trade for it:lol: Ummmm... Lucario never does great against Gallade but you can do 2 aura spheres for 20 each if Gallades on the bench and then do Lv. X for Close Combat. The only problem being that if Gallade is in bench then Gardevoir is probbably out and that means ur screwed:eek:

I'm gonna test this one at the Modified side event of GE prerelease so wish me luck!! Hopefully
    everybody will be like :eek::eek::eek: when Raivire:thumb: n00bs them! Or maybe not:frown:

10. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

You need scrambles and dre, also I just discovered something, that no one i know has thought about. Why not play furret electivire? turn 2 u can baton pass for a possible knock out then have an electivire set up, or you can keep searching for cards you need. (pretty cool idea) the only downfall is weakness, And i would run 3 elekid 4 electabuzz
    2 electivire dp and 2 electivire sw.

11. Electipwner

Electipwner New Member

Great Idea! I never would of thought of that!:thumb: It still doesn't fix the weakness but supposedly raichu doesn't run to badly vs Gallade... I hope thats true. How many Furrets would you reccomend? I'm thinking 2. Okay so suggestions for Anti-Gardevoir? I know that this deck wont do poorly against him but still...:confused: Am I being too concerned about Gardy decks? I know this would pretty much whup Empicario but at State I'm going to have to worry about Leafeon decks as well as Garchomp(which scares me:frown:) I'll have to trade for the 2nd DP Electivire:mad: but it will definatley make the deck better!

Thanks,

~Electipwner

12. toshiro

toshiro New Member

i don't know i've been playing electicatty now thats speed and i play with two MT electivires and one DP
    and of course lv.x electivire and it works great and with the two motor drives going i'm not waisting a single energy for my delcattys and if thier pounding my electivers i send out my catty ex and stop using
    motor drive. it's been working great, and if your worried about the gardy decks just use the color shifting
    ninetails, it's the bane of gardy decks.

13. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

Because the second you baton pass, you make electivire vunerable. Electivire is already an expensive attack, tacking on a baton pass won't solve anything.

14. toshiro

toshiro New Member

where do you find the thread to look at the new set? i've only seen the ones on the front page of this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.