Electiwire: Revisited.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by afstandopleren, Apr 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

----------
    Pokemon
    ----------
    4 Elekid DP
    4 Electabuzz DF - Power of Evolution spammer
    2 Vire SW - Receycles energy
    1 Vire DP - Attacks
    1 Vire lv.X - Attacking/Tech
    1 Raikou - Tech
    1 Pachi - Tech
    4-3-3 Ampharos - Stall/Wall and Damage Spreader.

----------
    Trainers
    ---------
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Crystal Beach
    1 Premier Ball
    2 Holon Mentor
    1 Copycat
    3 Bebe's
    2 Roseanne's
    2 Celio's

---------
    Energy's
    ---------
    12 :lightning
    8 :fighting:

Strategy:
    -Try to get as many Power of Evolutions before a G or G pops up to PLOX me or abuse my weakness to :fighting:.
    -While doing that, try to get Ampharos active and stall.
    -During the stalling, try to attach 2 :fighting: and 1 :lightning to start doing/spreading damage and getting some :lightning in the discard pile.
    -With the fast PoE, draw cards and hope to get an Crystal Beach to slow GG and Mag down. Then continue to stall while building up energy for Vire.
    NOTE:This can best be done on Raikou because he damages a pokemon when getting a :lightning attached.
    -Then stall some more and try to power up Vire DP and setting up Vire SW to receycle energy in order to charge up Vire DP.
    - Get Vire DP active and start doing 120 damage per turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are improvements that I just made, and I think it now has more chance to stand up to the like of GG and Magmortar.
    Ampharos punishes every Pokemon on the opponents Bench that has energy attached which hurts Pokemon like Magmortar.
    And Crystal Beach hurts GG if they want to get some quick KO's.
    Mareep and Elekid are btw completley immune to Gallade's first attack!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

way too much fighting weakness for the current format and no bench manipulation (switch, warp, etc.) will make for a lot of hopeless matchups. 20 energy is way too much deck space for what you are getting in return. you would be better off running some DREs and scrambles and switching out the crystal beaches. also, i know you are expecting to spread some damage around via pokebodies but with all the 130hp pokemon i would not play electivire without at least a couple of pluspowers.

3. charchar

charchar New Member

-1-1-1 line in ampharos for 1 candy and 2 TVR. You also really dont need that many fighting energies.

4. afstandopleren

Less Ampharos......to many :fighting: energy.....

Cluster Bolt
    In order to use it's effect, you need to discard ALL :lightning attached to Amparos.
    If there where only a way so I could make it so that I could be able to spam the effect by throwing just one energy away......it's attack costs only :lightning:colorless:colorless after all....

WAIT. What if I attach these energy: :lightning:fighting::fighting:

Come on people, look further than the suspicious amount of energy while complaining about Amphy's attack and thinking I only attack with Vire.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. charchar

charchar New Member

Then I still think its to slow. In vire decks you need felics drawing or TVR. But if you dont want any, its fine with me.

6. afstandopleren

Why slow and Felicity/tv reporter?
    Because it has no trainers that search for pokemon?
    Not fast enough :lightning: energy discard?
    Too depending in Poke-Powers?

Please tell me.

7. charchar

charchar New Member

You need the felics draw and Tvr for draw, discard and set-up. Want nightmaintenence or a TSD for the electrivire Lvl.X if it dies?

8. afstandopleren

I have re-edit my deck.
    Since the Crystal Beach I ordered still is'nt in, I have made a sort of disruption version of the deck.
    This is because of a huge PLOX and Gallade weak.

---------
    Pokemon
    ---------
    2-2 Claydol GE line
    4 Elekid DP
    4 Electabuzz DF
    1 Vire DP
    2 Vire SW
    1 Vire lv.X
    3-2-3 Ampharos SW line
    1 Raikou SW

Total: 25
    ---------
    Trainers
    ---------
    1 TSD
    1 Night Maintenance
    2 Warp Point
    1 Switch
    2 Holon Mentor
    2 Celio's
    2 Bebe's
    3 TGW
    1 Premier Ball
    2 Rare Candy

Total: 17
    --------
    Energy
    --------
    11 :lightning
    7 :fighting:

Total: 18

Strategy:
    -Try to get Elekid/Buzz on the bench fast for extra drawing acceleration while also trying to setup a Claydol line in case of PLOX.
    -When having done that, try to get an Ampharos active asap to make PLOX decks pay for the Supporters like TGW and Celio's, and to Stall the likes of Gallade if it does not use Sonic Blade.
    -With the quick hand refreshing and card drawing, try to get and play a Warp Point to send Gallade back to the Bench and Cluster Bolt it for 20 damage.

Well......anyone have any thoughts yet about this list?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.