Electric deck without Electivire???

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dunsparce Fan 206, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

There don’t seem to be many electric decks around today (besides Electivire) so I decided to make a new, original one for modified format. Here it is:

Pokemon (18):
    3 Voltorb (SW)
    3 Electrode (SW)
    2 Pichu d (HP)
    3 Pikachu (PK)
    3 Raichu (MT)
    2 Electrike (1 CG and 1 MT)
    2 Manectric (MT)

Trainers (28):
    1 Mysterious Shard
    1 Buffer Piece
    1 Strength Charm
    1 Mr. Stone’s Project
    2 Holon Mentor
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Windstorm
    2 Warp Point
    2 Castaway
    2 Steven’s Advice
    3 Crystal Beach
    3 Professor Oak’s Visit
    3 Great Ball
    3 Celio’s Network

Energy (14):
    1 Scramble Energy
    13 Lightning Energy

Strategy:
    Preferred start is Voltorb. Build up a T2 Electrode and use its attack with the 80 damage option to attach it as an energy to Pikachu (the discarded energies can be retrieved with Night Mantinence or Mr. Stone’s whenever you get one.) Use Pikachu’s first attack and then next turn attach an energy to Raichu and Boom! 90 damage. After that, you can switch back to Electrode and restart the loop (make sure to take advantage of energy grabbing attacks) or switch to Manectric and start pounding with that. This may not be the most efficient strategy but it’s pretty fun to play around with. It’s good too if there are a lot of Empoleon decks in your metagame.

So what do you think could make it faster? I think I need a better way to accelerate my energy attaching so I can do damage every turn (maybe some DRE and take out some or all of the Crystal Beaches?)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

It isn't very modified if you're using HL Manectric. HL's only been out of the format for a while now...

Trainer line is very messy as well. Mr. Stone's Project can likely convert into Roseanne's Research. Mysterious Shard is almost worthless now that EXs are gone from the format other then Absol, Rayquaza, Kingdra, and Flygon (the first is only used for powers, the second snipes, and the third/fourth is hardly seen). If you have to play tools, use Castaway at the very least to help get everything set up.

Let's see what you can think of with cards that actually are in Holon Phantoms or more recent sets (after all, this isn't an unlimited deck)

3. Dunsparce Fan 206

Sorry, I put HL instead of MT... I'm using the MT Manectric. Also, I am using 2 Castaway, but for some reason I forgot to put them in this list.

I'll fix those 2 (very embarassing) mistakes real quick. As for the Mysterious Shard, I might as well have one that I can get with Castaway to use as a tech against ex's.

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

The MT Raichu that I'M reading says you can only discard basic lightning energies... which kind of defeats the point of the deck.

5. Dunsparce Fan 206

Oh, so I can't really use Electrode on Raichu. Thanks for pointing that out. But I can use them on another Electrode or a Manectric, which actually might make for a better strategy. In the mean time, does anyone know of a good way to accelerate energy attachment in modified that would help with this deck?

EDIT: Just did some research and something that might work is Swampert EX (CG.) It has a poke-power that ends your turn but it attaches 3 energy instead of 2 and it can be used from the bench. The downside is that you have to search your discard pile instead of your deck. So what do you people think?

6. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Unfortunately, the only really good energy acceleration in the format only works on delta Pokemon, and that's Flygon d. Since it's been out, people have tried lots of different things with Swampert EX, but nothing was ever effective enough for it to get big. It MIGHT work in this, with something like Swampert/Delcatty/(Manetric or Raichu), but it's a pretty big might.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.