Electric Element

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Lugias_Realm, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Before everyone comments on all the EX cards, I know. Yet the deck plays fast and damage I'm taking
    doesn't begin to compare to what I am dishing out while play testing. Played against Gard/Gard EX
    Blaziken/Delcatty/Cacturne, Azumarill/Wailord and Azumarill/Omastar.
    No real problems other then the Azumaril/Wailord was able to get out faster as I didn't get the Raichu till turn 3, was still able to take it down though thanks in part to some lousy flipping by opponent
    Now for the Deck:
    Pokemon=16
    Electabuzz EX x2
    Magmar EX x2
    Rayquaza EX x4
    Raichu EX x2
    Pichu x2 ss
    Pikachu x3 ss
    Zangoose x1

Energy=20
    Electric x8
    Fire x8
    Multi x4

Trainers=24
    Switch x2
    Desert Shaman x3
    Professor Oaks Research x1
    Poke-Nav x3
    Oracle x3
    Hyper Potion x2
    Oran Berry x2
    Potion x2
    Juggler x2
    Master Ball x3
    Town Volunteer x1

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Use Rainbow instead of Multi. Use SS Electabuzz to take down their bench. Make it 3 Elec, 3 Magmar, 3 Rayquaza, 3 Pikachu, 3 Raichu ex, and 1 Zangoose. Take out The Following: Desert Shaman, and Hyper Potion. Add THe Following: 2 Switch, 1 Oak's Research, and 2 Copycat. I like that somebody finally made a decent hay maker in the new mod. format. Kudos to you! :thumb:
    -Swampert

3. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

SwampertEX-Why would I use Rainbow and due 10 damage to myself when all the Multi's are doing are acting as a way to get a Fire or Electric
    Thought about the SS Electabuzz but I don't know that I trust it's HP while building up Rayquaza or Raichu. Desert Shaman is strickly for deck disruption on my opponent and Hyper Potion is another way of putting energy in the discard pile for Pichu while at the same time removing a nice chunk of damage
    Will look at somehow trying to get another switch or two in here but Copycat is a definate NO. Not as big of a card as it once was thats why I like Shaman. may not get as many cards as you could using copycat but then again 4 is better then only 2 if thats what your opponent has for his hand. Thanks for all the comments will see what changes can be made and look again at using the SS Electabuzz

4. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Minor Changes, Any & All Imput Welcomed

had to make a few changes to the deck as it was apparent that a problem that continued to happen was of all things Energy at critical times. So I took a few out and here's what Electric Element Looks like now, thanks for the suggestions Ken!
    Pokemon=14
    Electabuzz EX x2
    Magmar EX x2
    Rayquaza EX x3
    Raichu EX x2
    Pichu x1 ss
    Pikachu x3 ss
    Zangoose x1

Energy=20
    Electric x8
    Fire x8
    Multi x4

Trainers=26
    Switch x3
    Desert Shaman x3
    Professor Oaks Research x2
    Poke-Nav x2
    Oracle x3
    Nurse x2
    Seer x3
    Oran Berry x2
    Potion x2
    Juggler x2
    Master Ball x2
    Fisherman x1

5. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I don't see any way to fix the problem your having without changing the pokemon stupid supports ruin draw engines torkoal will help maybe Dual ball and lady outing could help a bit
    BLiZ

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  6. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

try the collectors tin promo Picachu and try elekid instead of pichu

7. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Reply's

BLiZzArD -I know what you mean about the supporter's but without a whole lot of options I'll just have to combo them one way or another

HYPER EEVEE -Thanks for the input, will add in the cards and see if it plays any better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.